Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) Technical Fellowships 2021 for Medical Professionals
Transfer of cancer control knowledge, skills and techniques through one month international visits
Application Deadline: 31st December 2020
About the Award: Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) is dedicated to taking the lead in convening, capacity building and advocacy initiatives that unite and support the cancer community to reduce the global cancer burden, promote greater equity, and ensure cancer control continues to be a priority in the world health and development agenda. Founded in 1933 and based in Geneva, Switzerland, UICC is the largest and
oldest international cancer organisation.
The Technical Fellowships programme and its French sub-programme dedicated promoting cancer control in Francophone Africa, Bourses pour l’Afrique Francophone are supported by a group of international cancer societies, organisations and foundations. These programmes offer one-month international fellowship opportunities to cancer professionals.
- Epidemiology and cancer registries
- Health education
- Health economics
- Cancer screening & prevention
- Implementation research
- Translational research into early detection, prognosis and therapeutics
- Clinical cancer research
- Observerships in cancer treatment e.g. oncology, radiotherapy, surgery
- Patient support, survivorship, palliative care
- Eligible candidates are cancer professionals such as cancer advocates, public health investigators, implementation and translational researchers, pathologists, epidemiologists, tobacco control activists and cancer registrars in the early stages of their careers who hold at least an MSc or MA.
- In addition, clinicians and nurses who are established in oncology practice and hold as a minimum an MD degree (for doctors) or RN (for nurses) are eligible to apply.
- Medical and PhD Students are not eligible.
To be Taken at (Country): Switzerland
Number of Awards: 50-60 per year
Value of Award: US$ 3,400 (as monetary contribution towards the least expensive international travel and living costs)
Duration of Award:
- 1 month
- Extension of up to 2 months with funding secured by the Fellow from the home or host organization and at no cost to the UICC
How to Apply: online application to the Technical Fellowships is only accepted in English, however support to Spanish-speaking applicants is provided through the translated step by step online application guide.Step by step online application guide English
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.