Yale Young Global Scholars 2022 for Secondary School Students (Scholarships Available)
Yale Young Global Scholars empowers the next generation of leaders by building a global community and designing interdisciplinary programs that foster intellectual curiosity, deepen understanding and inspire creative action across all borders.
Application Deadline: 3rd November, 2021 11:59pm ET
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Yale University in New Haven in USA.
About the Award: Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) has opened its application for next year’s program, offering twelve academic sessions ranging from the humanities to the biological sciences. During the two-week program, participants will experience life as a university student by attending lectures and seminars, meeting peers from around the world, and accessing opportunities across Yale – ranging from admissions panels to conversations with Yale professors.
Yale Young Global Scholars provides scholarships to students with demonstrated financial need. The application for partial and full scholarships are included in the online program application and must be completed by the 2022 application deadline. It is recommended that parents or guardians of applicants help students complete the required financial information.
The high school enrichment program will offer residential and online sessions during June and July 2022.
We will award scholarship money based on need demonstrated in your completed application. Last year, approximately one third of program participants received full or partial scholarships based on financial need. Unfortunately, Yale Young Global Scholars financial assistance cannot cover travel expenses, and we cannot guarantee financial aid to all those who apply for it.
Offered Since: 2001
Type: Short Courses, Undergraduate
- Age: Be at least 16 years old by July 19, 2022 (first day of Session III).
- English Fluency: Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Grade Level: Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Graduation Date: Be graduating in May/June 2023 or 2024 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2022 or 2023 from the Southern Hemisphere.
- YYGS Participation: Be a first-time participant in YYGS. If you have participated in any YYGS session during a previous summer (e.g., 2021 or prior), then you are not eligible to participate during YYGS 2022.
- Please note: If you previously applied to YYGS but were not offered admission or were unable attend AND you meet the eligibility criteria noted above, then you are encouraged to re-apply for YYGS 2022.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Yale Young Global Scholars:
- Thanks to generous donors, YYGS is able to offer a limited number of Scholarships, which are Need-Based Financial Aid packages that cover full-tuition ($6,300 USD) and travel costs.
- In order to be considered for one of these scholarships (below), you MUST have completed the entire online YYGS Application, including the Need-Based Financial Aid portion..
- As part of reviewing your financial aid request, YYGS staff will automatically review whether or not you meet any of our 2022 scholarships’ eligibility requirements, and contact you when decisions are released by mid-March
- Apply early to receive a discount on your application fee. If the fee poses a financial burden, you can submit a fee waiver to reduce your application fee to $0 USD. For more information visit the Application Deadlines page.
Duration of Program:
Session I Residential
(June 21-July 3)
Session II Residential
(July 5 – July 17)
Session III Online
(July 19-July 31)
How to Apply: The 2022 application is available! Apply now
Important Notes: We encourage all potential applicants to begin and complete their applications as soon as possible to ensure all materials are submitted by the deadline.