Schneider Go Green Global Student Competition 2021 for Students in Middle East & Africa
Schneider Go Green, together with AVEVA, is looking for game changers around the world who are daring to disrupt and to put their skills to the test and push the boundaries of digital transformation in Energy Management. Submit your bold idea related to one of our five segments within energy management!
Application Deadline: 15th February 2021 at 11:59pm (UTC +2).
About the Award: At Schneider Electric we believe that energy is a basic human right and we are dedicated to furthering mankind through new technologies. As a major player in Energy Management and Industrial Automation, we see an urgent need for bold ideas that can re-shape a smarter and more sustainable future for both: our industry and our company.
- Access to Energy: Enable universal access to energy in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Homes of the Future: Can homes be smarter, more sustainable and incorporate new technologies?
- Plants of the Future: Apply IoT, AI, Machine Learning and more to the industries of the present or future.
- Grids of the Future: Imagine the future of energy management and distribution!
- De[coding] the Future: Envision future approaches to design, engineering and construction of assets and infrastructure.
Eligibility: Schneider Go Green 2021 is open to two-member teams from anywhere in the world. To take part, you must:
- Be a Bachelor’s student (at least on 2nd year) or working on Master’s degree
- Studying Business, Engineering, Marketing and Innovation
- Team members must be studying in the same Region for the duration of the competition. Being in the same country is highly preferred.
- In line with our Diversity & Inclusion philosophy, at least one team member must be a woman.
- Be proficient in English as the final pitch will must be presented in English.
Selection Criteria: Regional judges will review submitted proposals then vote on the top student teams (up to 10 teams chosen per region) to receive mentorship on the following criteria:
- Presentation quality
- Sustainable impact
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, CAR, Chad, Comoros, Congo, DR Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia (The), Ghana, Guinea, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
To be Taken at (Country): The Competition is mostly held online
Number of Awards: Numerous
Value of Award:
- Global Finalists: Global winners will be awarded a trip to one of the following cities: Boston (USA), London (UK), New Delhi (India), Paris (France), or Shanghai (China) – visit SE’s offices, network with employees and interact with high level management
- Regional Finalists: Participants will receive mentorship from Schneider Electric experts to polish their proposals and make it to the Grand Finale!
- Women in Energy Award: One all-female team will advance into the Global Finals and compete for the top prize!
- All Participants: Considered for an HR interview and receive content about Schneider Electric’s benefits, job opportunities and early career events
How to Apply: Participate
- It is important to go through all application requirements & FAQ in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.