ABE Initiative Masters Scholarship + Internship Program 2021 for South African Students – Japan
The “African Business Education Initiative for Youth (hereafter, referred to as the “ABE Initiative”), has provided up to 1,000 youths in Africa with opportunities to study at Japanese universities as well as do internships at Japanese enterprises.
Application Deadline: 9th October 2020
About the Award: The ABE Initiative aims at fostering leaders with proven ability to contribute towards Africa’s development in collaboration with the Japanese private sector. JICA is looking for prominent young South African nationals who are or anticipating to be involved in industrial development activities in both public and private sectors, and who have strong motivation to strengthen economic ties between South Africa and Japan.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Be citizens of South Africa
- Be less than 40 (as of 1 April 2021)
- Have some work experience
- Have good health condition, both physically and mentally, to complete the program
- Bachelor’s degree (B-Tech included) with honours or equivalent to NQF8 or above
- Minimum average of 65% score in academic transcript Have good understanding of the ABE Initiative’s objectives
- Have adequate English skills in both written and oral communication
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be Taken at (Country): Japan
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The program provides African youths with opportunities to study at Japanese universities and to work at Japanese enterprises.
Duration of Award: Up to two and half years will be allocated for a Master’s Degree.
How to Apply:
- 1. General Information-FY2021 (PDF/593KB)
- 2. South Africa Supplemental Information Sheet (PDF/135KB)
- 3. Application Form in 2021 (Excel/143KB)
- 3-1. Annex1_Current and Previous Work experience (Word/19.0KB)
- 3-2. Annex2_Career Plan after Graduation (Word/19.9KB)
- 3-3. Annex3_Research Plan (Word/20.8KB)
- 4-1. University Information for Applicants (2021)_ABE Initiative (Excel/416KB)
- 4-2. University Information for Applicants (2021)_SDGs Africa Master (Excel/355KB)
- 4-3. University Information for Applicants (2021)_SDGs Africa PHD (Excel/356KB)
Email marked PDF files of application documents (Less than 4MB in a mail) and submit the original documents to the following address:
Japan International Cooperation Agency
JICA South Africa Office
Lord Charles Office Block, Building B, 1st Floor 337
Brooklyn Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria 0081
P.O.Box 14068, Hatfield, 0028
Republic of South Africa
* No late application will be accepted.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.