Google Podcasts creator program 2020 for Podcast Creators ($12,000 funding)
The Google Podcasts creator program is a partnership between Google and PRX that trains, mentors, and provides resources to underrepresented voices in podcasting around the world.
Application Deadline: 3rd August 2020
About the Award: Launched in 2018, the Google Podcasts creator programis guided by a mission of providing a global audio community with open resources, empowering underrepresented voices, and showcasing new work. Last year, the program welcomed early-stage producers from Brazil, Chile, Colombia, India, Kenya, Lebanon, Spain, and the United States.
This year, the program will serve producers with an existing podcast who want to advance their skills and take their productions to the next level. BIPOC podcasters and creators from traditionally marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility: Last year, we welcomed early-stage producers from Brazil, Chile, Colombia, India, Kenya, Lebanon, Spain, and the United States. This year, the program will serve creators from around the globe who have produced at least five episodes of their podcast since January 2019, and who want to advance their skills and take their productions to the next level.
Eligible Countries: Any
To be Taken at (Country): Online
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Free to participants, the 12-week training will be entirely virtual and conducted by PRX alongside international industry experts and Google Podcasts creator program alumni.
Participants will receive:
- Regular feedback on all aspects of their production, including editorial and technical input
- Training on topics such as storytelling, sound design, and reaching audiences through marketing and engagement strategies
- Equipment and software to help meet independent production needs amid the challenging circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Up to $12,000 in funding for use as they see fit for their productions
Duration of Program: 12 weeks
How to Apply: Please note that you will only need to fill out the application one time to be considered for all three cohorts. If you applied to last year’s program, you will need to fill out the application again.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.