Microsoft 4Afrika SkillsLab Program 2020 for Young Rwandans
As part of its continued efforts to build digital skills capacity, employability, and close the skills gap on the African continent, Microsoft 4Afrika has partnered with Pan-African EdTech company and talent marketplace Gebeya Inc. and the Technology and Innovation Institute, Ethiopia (TechIn) to launch its first virtual SkillsLab in Ethiopia.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
About the Award: Companies and employees are increasingly aware that digital skills are paramount to remaining relevant and employable in the 21st century. Advancements in technology like cloud computing and artificial intelligence (AI) are transforming economies and reshaping workplaces at an unprecedented rate.
SkillsLab programmes that were previously run in Ethiopia have proven successful. Microsoft 4Afrika had partnered with the Ethiopian Airlines Group, to train young ICT graduates, equipping them with the skills needed to become ICT professionals and software engineers in the airline industry. After completing their apprenticeship, graduates could access jobs at Ethiopian Airlines and its affiliate airlines in Africa.
- Applicants must either be residents of or be located in Ethiopia for the complete duration of the cohort.
- Each cycle of the Microsoft 4Afrika SkillsLab Program will be offered for a 3-month period.
- Gebeya will be training in the following tracks Data Science, DevOps and AI. To qualify for one of these courses, applicants must have a degree in Engineering and/or related fields, computer Science and/or IT fields and Mathematics with a thorough understanding of IT.
- For applicants who don’t have a degree in the fields mentioned in the above paragraph, they will be considered qualified for the program if they possess a strong programming background or an extensive practical experience of at least 2 years in an IT field or should be a final year student in one of the aforementioned fields. Space is very limited and submitting an application does not guarantee a seat in the program.
Eligible Countries: Ethiopia
To be Taken at (Country): Online
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Once admitted into the Microsoft 4Afrika SkillsLab Program, you will automatically become eligible for a full scholarship funded by Microsoft. Your tuition, which is set at 21,450 ETB ($650) for the duration of the 3-month training, will be fully covered.
Microsoft 4Afrika SkillsLab training has a focus to upskilling of final year students and fresh graduates to be:
- Readily employable and instantly productive
- Equipped with the right skill sets to work on emerging technologies
- Cloud-based certified
Duration of Award: 3 months
How to Apply: Apply here
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.