It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with the Stellenbosch University by offering up to 5 In-Region Scholarships for Master studies and up to 4 In-Region Scholarships for PhD studies at the Stellenbosch University for the intake 2021.
Application Deadline: 2nd June 2020
About the Award: As part of the In-Region Scholarship Programme DAAD offers scholarships for PhD and Master studies. The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and aims at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from SubSaharan Africa (excluding South Africa) with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme who want to pursue Master’s courses. In-Region Scholarships are aimed at students who want to participate in a study programme in a country of their home region (here: Sub-Saharan Africa/outside their home country).
In-Region Scholarships are aimed at students who want to participate in a study programme in a country of their home region (here: Sub-Saharan Africa/outside their home country).
Eligible Field(s): Molecular Biology and Human Genetics (MBHG)
Type: Masters, PhD
• have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree
(Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates)
with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper division)
• clearly show motivation and strong commitment
• have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
• have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
• must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African country (excluding South Africa)
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): South Africa
Number of Awards: 9
- 5 – Masters
- 4 – PhD
Value of Award: Fully-funded
Duration of Award: Scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended to a maximum of the regular period of study upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted.
How to Apply: See in link below
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.