Nurturing Emerging Scholars Programme 2020 for South African Students
Are you planning to embark on Master’s degree studies? Have you considered a career as an academic? Then the Nurturing Emerging Scholars Programme (NESP) may just be for you!
- 15th May 2020
- 15th August 2020
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be Taken at (Country): South Africa
About the Award: The Department of Higher Education and Training is pleased to announce the implementation of Phase 1 of the Nurturing Emerging Scholar’s Programme (NESP). The NESP is a three-year programme that includes a 2 year Master’s scholarship followed immediately by a 1-year academic internship at a recruiting South African university.
Type: Masters, Job
Eligibility: To be eligible for selection for the NESP, applicants must meet the following criteria, in addition to meeting the criteria specified by the University:
- Show interest in becoming an academic;
- Be 35 years or younger;
- Be a South African citizen;
- A minimum average of 65% attained in an appropriate Level 8 qualification e.g. Honour’s degree;
- Show evidence of eligibility to undertake postgraduate studies at Master’s level;
- Commitment to placement at the recruiting University for the full 3 years of the programme (2 years of studying at any University, and 1 year of internship at the recruiting University)
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Do you want to participate in a prestigious, structured, Post Graduate studies and development opportunity as a first step into an academic career that:
- Enables you to register and study for a full time Master’s degree at a University of your choice;
- Ensures that you are fully supported through a scholarship for up to a period of 2 years;
- Enables you to take up a 1-year internship position at a South African university after completion of the Master’s Degree;
- Ensures that you are fully supported by a mentor for the duration of your participation in the development programme;
- Provides an opportunity for exposure through support for a possible international mobility experience; and
- Enables you to develop your teaching and research abilities.
Duration of Award: 3 Years
How to Apply: Apply in Link below
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.