University of Quebec ISMER PhD Excellence Scholarships 2020 for International Students
This scholarship program aims to recruit up to 10 new full-time students with diverse backgrounds who will begin their doctoral studies at ISMER in the fall 2020 or winter 2021 semester.
Application Deadline: 1st June 2020, 4:30 PM (EST)
Eligible Countries: Canada & International
To be Taken at (Country): Canada
Eligibility: These excellence scholarships are intended for students from Quebec, other Canadian provinces, or from around the world.
Interested candidates must:
- Be able to start the doctoral thesis in the fall 2020 or winter 2021 semester.
- Meet the basic requirements for admission to the doctoral program in oceanography at ISMER.
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.7 / 4.3 or the equivalent (ex. ≥ 14/20).
- The doctoral thesis must be carried out under the supervision of a professor from ISMER. The student must have obtained a letter of support from the professor responsible for one of the available projects.
- Be in the position to register (full time) in the doctoral program in oceanography at ISMER at the time of obtaining the scholarship.
Number of Awards: 10
Value and Duration of Award: The scholarships, amounting to 20,000$ per year, will be for three years.
How to Apply: Interested candidates must submit a complete CV (curriculum vitae; including scientific communications, scholarships, awards, expeditions, and so on), a motivation letter explaining the candidate’s path and how this path is in line with the proposed project and the Ph.D. program in oceanography at ISMER, all university grade transcripts, a letter of support from the professor responsible for the project, and three (3) letters of recommendation (including one from a research supervisor) in electronic format to the Program committee of graduate studies in oceanography at ISMER.
Only complete applications that meet the criteria for this scholarship program will be evaluated by the selection committee after the application deadline. The final selection of candidates will be made during an in-person or remote interview. We support an equality program and strongly encourage women, people with disabilities, visible and ethnic minorities, and indigenous people to apply.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat