SSI/ISID Infectious Diseases Research Fellowship Program 2020 for Developing Countries (Fully-funded to Switzerland)
ISID and the Swiss Society for Infectious Diseases (SSI) jointly sponsor the SSI/ISID Infectious Diseases Research Fellowship Program.
Application Deadline: 24th April 2020
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be Taken at (Country): Switzerland
About the Award: The purpose of this Fellowship Program is to support infectious disease physicians and scientists from under-resourced countries through multidisciplinary clinical and laboratory training at select biomedical institutions in Switzerland.
The objectives of the Fellowship Program are:
- To train promising young physicians and scientists from under-resourced countries for clinical and research positions in infectious diseases.
- To foster partnerships between fellows and infectious disease leaders in Switzerland.
- To increase scientific research capacity in under-resourced/high disease burden countries.
Opportunities for training and research in a variety of areas ranging from basic studies of the mechanism of disease to studies in public health, epidemiology, diagnostics, therapeutics or vaccine development, are available through this program.
- SSI/ISID fellowships are open to residents of low and middle income countries as classified by the World Bank who have either a M.D. or Ph.D. in a relevant field and hold a position at a medical, research or public health institution.
- NOTE: Applicants are required to be proficient in writing and speaking English and either German (for Basel, Bern and Zurich) or French (for Geneva and Lausanne). Applicants who propose a research-only fellowship do not need French or German fluency.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: A financial stipend of up to 50,000 CHF per year (approximately $51,000 USD) will be given to Fellows to cover travel costs and living expenses. The program intends to award one fellowship every year.
Duration of Award: The term of the Fellowship is for one year. The start date will be determined by arrangement between the host institution and the Fellow.
How to Apply: Applications should be made using our online submissions system and include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of commitment from the applicant’s home institution guaranteeing position upon completion of the fellowship
- Letter of recommendation
- Personal statement describing career goals and objectives, and relevance of training
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat