UK Newcastle University Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students 2017/2018
INTO and the Newcastle University opens the Foundation Scholarships for talented international students to study for post-secondary education leading to admission to undergraduate degrees at the University.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2017 (for September start) or 31st October 2017 (for January start).
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International Students
To be taken at (country): Newcastle University, United Kingdom
Fields of Study: The scholarships are for the following programmes:
- International Foundation in Architecture
- International Foundation in Business and Management
- International Foundation in Humanities and Social Sciences
- International Foundation in Physical Sciences and Engineering
- International Foundation in Biological and Biomedical Sciences
About Scholarship: We are proud to announce a number scholarships for a variety of International Foundation programmes, created to assist international fee-paying students who need to complete a foundation programme before enrolling on a Newcastle University undergraduate degree.
We have 10 100% International Foundation scholarships available for gifted students starting in September 2016 and January 2017. Scholarship applicants must already hold an offer to study at INTO Newcastle University.
Newcastle University also rewards the academic performance of INTO Foundation students, with £1,500 scholarships for the first year of study on any undergraduate degree programme at Newcastle University. There are an unlimited number available, and in 2014 we made 124 awards.
- All international fee-paying students
- Students who have completed 12 years of schooling (or the local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades
- Students must have a minimum English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 for specified degree programmes.
- Students must be a minimum of 17 years old.
Number of Scholarships: ten (10)
Value of Scholarship: 100% tuition fee (50% of this amount will be deducted from the International Foundation tuition fee and 50% will be deducted from the first year of tuition fees at Newcastle University upon progression)
Duration of Scholarship: one year
How to Apply: To be considered for a scholarship, you’ll need to:
- Apply (See link in Scholarship Webpage below) for an eligible course
- Be offered a place
To apply for the scholarship you will need to:
Fill in the scholarship application form, and send with the documents below to [email protected] by 31 July (for September start) or 31 October (for January start).
- Letter of offer
- Latest academic transcript
- Evidence of English proficiency
- One page personal statement
All applications will be reviewed by a scholarship panel and successful applicants will be notified via the email address provided on the scholarship application.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
Scholarship Provider: Newcastle University, UK
Important Notes: Scholarships, discounts and bursaries awarded by INTO can’t usually be combined. Students will be awarded the reduction that is most beneficial to them.