DAAD ClimapAfrica Postdoc Fellowship 2022 for Africans in Climate Research
Applications are now open for the DAAD climapAfrica Climate Research 2022 for Alumni and Postdocs in Africa
Application Deadline: 17th November 2021.
Eligible Countries: African countries
About DAAD ClimapAfrica Postdoc Fellowship: The goal is to foster application- oriented research results by enhancing knowledge exchange between the postdoctoral fellows and experienced alumni of German funding initiatives. Fellows and alumni will collaborate in joint working groups that encompass several postdoctoral projects in a specific field related to climate change research. The working groups will benefit from the expertise of distinguished German mentors.
Fellows and Alumni will increase their research impact and output through a comprehensive training and support program, including general skills training, science policy advising and science management.
Postdoctoral fellows and alumni will connect with peers, regional and international experts and practitioners in their fields and create a growing network. This community will represent an important voice to raise the awareness for climate change as one of the most pressing issues of our time.
Type: Post doctorate, Research
- must be nationals of an African Country.
- should be willing to contribute to the initiation and the coordination of alumni working groups.
- should be willing to realize their project at a host institution in western or southern Africa
Selection Criteria: ClimapAfrica supports research on climate change, its impacts and possible counter actions. It should be possible to assign the postdoctoral research project to one of the following research areas: Agriculture, (Adapted) Land Use, Biodiversity, Food security, Marine Science, Human Security, Economics, Education, Energy, Informatics, Water security, Woodland and forest sustainability. If you are not sure if your research field is fitting, do not hesitate to contact [email protected]
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of DAAD ClimapAfrica Postdoc Fellowship: The basic fellowship consists of:
- A flat-rate travel allowance to your target country and back
- A research lump sum of max. EUR 10,000
- A monthly allowance of EUR 800
- An accident, personal liability and health insurance
Additionally, support for the following activities can be granted (subject to availability of funds):
- Short-term research stays in Germany (2 to 6 months)
- Mobility fellowships for the active participation (poster or talk) in relevant international conferences in the field of climate change/ climate Research
Duration of Award: Funding of the 5th scholarship cohort will start on 1st March 2022 and end on 28th February 2023 and is limited for a maximum of 12 months. Temporal shifts or interruptions are not possible.
How to Apply for DAAD ClimapAfrica Postdoc Fellowship: Applications for the 5th cohort can be handed in between 11th of October 2021 and 17th of November 2021.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.