UN World Food Programme (WFP) Paid PD Summer Internship Programme 2020 – Abuja Nigeria
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We are currently seeking to fill for candidates to participate in the PD Summer Internship Programme 2020 in the Policy and Programme Department (PD).
Application Deadline: 12th February 2020
VA Reference no: 110781
Eligible Countries: Any (Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status).
To be Taken at (Country): The position will be based in Programme Unit, in WFP Nigeria Office.
About the Award: Nigeria is a federal constitutional republic. It is the most populous country in Africa and the seventh most populous country in the world. Nigeria has over 500 ethnic groups. The crisis induced by non-state armed groups remains the principal driving factor of instability in northeast Nigeria. Since 2010, they have increasingly expanded their operational capabilities. In May 2013 a state of emergency was declared by the Government in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States.
There are 2 million internally displaced persons (IDPs) reported to be in Nigeria (IOM/DTM Round 27), of which the majority are in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States. The June 2019 Cadre Harmonisé (CH) reports nearly 3 million people in need of food assistance in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States. WFP operations are focused on crisis response to prevent deterioration of food and nutrition security, reduce malnutrition and minimize gender inequalities. WFP activities are concentrated in rural areas of north-eastern Nigeria that are more vulnerable and food insecure.
- Currently enrolled in a master’s degree programme OR a recent graduate of a master’s degree (graduated within the last 6 months)
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills
- Proficiency in graphic design and ability to present information clearly and concisely through visual data analysis
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent IT skill with knowledge of report writing software such as Microsoft Publisher or Tableau required
- Proactive, motivated, innovative and adaptable individual, who is capable to take initiative
- Ability to function comfortably in a cross-cultural team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- The PD intern will be paid a monthly stipend of approximately USD 360 per month as a contribution towards basic subsistence costs.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country..
Duration of Award: The internship will be typically for the period of at least 3 months during May/June to August/ September 2020.
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It