University of Lagos Centre for Housing and Sustainable Development Post-doctoral Fellowship 2020 – Nigeria
Application is now open for the University of Lagos Centre for Housing and Sustainable Development Post-doctoral Fellowship 2020
Application Deadline: 24th January 2020 at 5pm
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): The incumbent will be based at the Centre for Housing and Sustainable Development, University of Lagos but would be expected to liaise with researchers and coordinators working in Yaoundé and Cambridge.
About the Award: This post is to join the Lagos team of the Appropriation of Informal Spaces for Leisure Physical Activity (ALPhA) study funded by the British Academy’s Urban Infrastructures of Well-Being 2019 Programme, under the UK Government’s Global Challenges Research Fund. The project is led by the MRC Epidemiology unit, University of Cambridge, UK with collaborating partners in Lagos, Nigeria (Centre for Housing and Sustainable Development, University of Lagos) and Yaoundé, Cameroon (University of Yaoundé).
Type: Research, Postdoctoral
- Doctoral degree in urban studies, public health, urban health, or related fields
- Experience in engaging with policy/ civil society stakeholders
- Experience of conducting literature reviews
- Experience in planning, implementing and managing research projects
- Expertise in qualitative research methods including focus group discussions, in-depth interviews, and policy analysis
- Experience of conducting community-based research involving field-based data collection
- Proven skills in working independently to solve research-related problems
- Strong skills and experience in working collaboratively as a member of a team
- Evidence of meeting deadlines and delivering timely results
- Highly motivated, flexible and adaptable, and capable of taking independent decisions
- Well organised, self-motivated, and proactive, including the ability to plan ahead in order to meet future objectives
- Academic publication and presentation record commensurate with stage of academic career.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work flexible hours as required for the study
- Experience with participatory research / citizen science methodology
- Experience with spatial analysis methods and tools
- Experience of working with collaborators in other disciplines on multi-disciplinary projects and the synthesis of different types of evidence
- Experience of research translation and /or knowledge exchange with policy makers and practitioners
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award:
- The value of the Fellowship is =N= 3,125,980.00 – =N= 4, 307,290.00) per year for an initial 6 month term, which will be extended based on satisfactory performance. The fellowship does not include relocation costs or fringe benefits.
- The incumbent will be provided with a desk and appropriate access rights to use the research facilities of the Centre for Housing and Sustainable Development, University of Lagos.
Duration of Award: 18 Months
How to Apply:
- Complete the application form at: https://forms.gle/FVGduPNrQAwdp58cA
- Submit via email the underlisted documents to the University’s Research and Innovation Office at [email protected]
- A-page letter of motivation stating areas of expertise, research interests and experience. Include in this letter the distinct offerings you will bring to the position.
- One page condensed CV
- Full Curriculum Vitae (CV) including names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of 3 referees
Any application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Late applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It