Makerere University offers Undergraduate Scholarships for Female Students, Uganda
Application Deadline: open in Mid-May and close by the End of July each year. Offered annually? Yes
Scholarship Name: Makerere University Female Scholarship Foundation- Undergraduate Scholarships for Female Students
Brief description: The Makerere University Female Scholarship Foundation offer Undergraduate scholarships for Women from Uganda to study at the University in Uganda
Subject Areas: Science Discipline
The goal of Female Scholarship Foundation (FSF) is to increase the enrolment, retention and improve their academic performance of female under graduate students at Makerere University; with specific emphasis on the sciences, and giving priority to applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds and underrepresented geographical areas within Uganda.
Offered Since: 2010
Type: Undergraduate Scholarships for female students
Selection Criteria: Academic excellence, with more points scored for girls studying science disciplines.
- Ugandan female below the age of 25 years
- A female student admitted to Makerere University on Private Sponsorship Scheme.
- Student should be from a genuinely poor socio-economic background.
- First year female students admitted on the basis of ‘A’ level results only (current or previous years) who should not be more than 25 years.
- A person with leadership experience and/or potential.
- Those not admitted on Uganda Government sponsorship to any public university.
- Those who do not hold any other scholarship e.g. District Scholarship, Kulika, etc.
Number of Scholarship: Several
Benefits: The scholarship is limited to tuition fees for the stipulated period of study.
Duration: For the duration of the undergraduate program
Eligible African Countries: Uganda
To be taken at (country): Uganda
How to Apply
Obtain free application forms.
Visit scholarship webpage
Sponsors: The goal of the Makerere University Female Scholarship Foundation is to increase the enrolment, retention and improve the academic performance of female under graduate students at Makerere University with specific emphasis on sciences and giving priority to applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds and under-represented geographical areas in Uganda.