United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) Africa Internship Programme 2019
Application is now open for the UNCTAD Internship – Public Information at the Office of the Director Division for Africa Least Developed countries and Special Programmes.
Application Deadline: 9th September 2019
To be Taken at (Country): This position is located in the front office of the Division for Africa, Least Developed Countries and Special Programmes.
About the Award: This profile is for the sole purpose of the Internship Programme of the United Nations Conference for Trade and Development. There should be no expectation of employment within the UN after an internship. Interns shall not be eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, positions at the professional level and above carrying international recruitment status in the Secretariat for a period of six months following the end of their internship. UN interns must have a valid visa.
Eligibility: To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
• Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
• Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
• Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, much commence the internship within a one year period of graduation from an academic programme. Applicants who are unable to commence the internship within one year of graduation shall not be accepted.
Applicants should as well:
• Be computer literate in standard software applications;
• Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
• Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
For this position, the university degree must be in the area of journalism, international relations, public administration or related area.
Selection Criteria: Candidates will be assessed based on their Personel History Profiles (PHP). Individual interviews may be conducted for futher assessment. A complete online application (Cover Note and Personal History profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The cover Note must include:
– Title of degree you are currently pursuing;
– Graduation date (when will you be graduating from the programme);
– List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in;
– Explain why you are the best candidate for the internship position.
In your Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experience, if any; IT skills and three (3) references.
Due to high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The Internship Programme is unpaid and full-time, i.e. an intern is expected to work five days per week (8:30 am to 5:30 pm).
Duration of Award: The internship will start on 30 September 2019 for a period of 3 months.
How to Apply: Apply Now
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World