University of Pretoria Doctoral Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 for Commonwealth countries
The 2020 call for the University of Pretoria Doctoral Commonwealth Scholarships for incoming students who wish to study at the University of Pretoria is open.
Application Deadline: 2nd September 2019
Eligible Countries: Commonwealth Countries
To be taken at (country): University of Pretoria
About the University of Pretoria Doctoral Commonwealth Scholarships: The University of Pretoria is a research intensive university. Hence, it is seeking candidates for doctoral studies who will make significant contributions to its research endeavour. As part of South Africa‘s contribution to the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan, the University of Pretoria has made funds available for two doctoral scholarships for students coming from Commonwealth Countries (excluding South African students). This scholarship is known as the University of Pretoria Doctoral Commonwealth Scholarships and will be awarded on a competitive basis.
- The University of Pretoria Doctoral Commonwealth Scholarship will be awarded to applicants who are citizens of Commonwealth countries.
- Applicants must conduct their studies at the University of Pretoria to commence in 2020.
- Applicants must have completed the degree that will give them admission to a doctoral programme no more than two years prior to their application for the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship.
- Applicants must not be older than 35 years of age at the time of application.
- PhD and Masters students currently registered at the University of Pretoria are not eligible for the Doctoral Scholarship
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award: The value of this University of Pretoria Doctoral Commonwealth Scholarships will be R170 000 p.a. This amount must be used to cover the following student costs:
- Accommodation and living costs
- Fees p.a.
- Medical Aid
Note: Research costs will be covered by the Supervisor
Additional costs covered by the University:
- Flight ticket to RSA from home country on proof of study permit.
- Return flight ticket to home country at the end of the programme as confirmed by the faculty.
- Shuttle service on arrival in South Africa from OR Tambo International Airport to Pretoria and return from Pretoria to OR Tambo on completion.
- UP application fee and Visa costs which will be refunded on proof of receipts on arrival.
Costs not covered by the Institution: Family expenses AND Additional baggage expenses
The holder of this scholarship may hold supplementary external bursaries/ grants/scholarships.
Duration of Award: 3 Years. The scholarship funding will be for a maximum period of support of three academic years. Awardee to complete the Doctoral studies within the minimum required period of three academic years. An extension request will only be considered under exceptional cases by the incumbent submitting a written motivation supported by the supervisor
How to Apply: Application Form
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World