Now Open: French-African Young Leaders Program 2019 (Fully-funded)
The French-African Foundation has launched the Young Leaders program in response to the immense global challenges which require a new generation of leaders whose ambition is to become true agents of change. In 2019, this program will be held under the double high patronage of the President of the French Republic Mr. Emmanuel Macron, and the President of the Republic of Ghana, Mr. Nana Akufo-Addo.
Application Deadline: 17th May 2019 (midnight)
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Paris, France and Accra, Ghana
About the Award: Convinced that the young people of Africa and France belong to a single generation and that they bear shared responsibilities in a world in common, the French-African Foundation wishes to identify, assemble and nurture the most promising high-potential talents on the Franco-African economic, political, academic, social and cultural ecosystems, and to support the leadership and management potential of this new generation.
Selected candidates must show the talent, passion and shared values that have the potential to contribute to transformative change in Africa and in France. This program represents an exceptional opportunity to engage with other candidates as well as with national and continental leaders in the public and private sector.
Type: Short course (excursion)
- Be between 28 and 40 years old as of October 31st, 2019;
- Have French nationality or the nationality of an African country;
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or a demonstrated interest to learn French is highly beneficial and will be an advantage in the application process;
- Demonstrated engagement across public and private sectors, and across geographical borders. The application must also demonstrate applied skills and experiences in any domain (which could include manufacturing and industry, services, public administration, agriculture, health, science, education, tech, culture and art, media, sports, community,…);
- Demonstrate inclusive leadership, commitment, and a sustained involvement (3 years minimum) that impacts your community, country, or sub region.
- Display of a privileged professional and / or personal and / or associative relationship with France and Africa (at least two out of these three points). This connection should be a lasting link of 3 years minimum.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value and Duration of Award:
- 5 days in Paris from July 7 to 13th, 2019
- 5 days in Accra, October, 2019
- High-level meetings with leaders from the public and private sector
- Excellent opportunities for mentorship, training and networking
- Media exposure
- Flights and accommodation covered by the French-African Young Leaders program
How to Apply: APPLY
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.