Goethe Talents Scholarship 2019 for Music Aficionados in Developing Countries (Fully-funded to Berlin, Germany)
Goethe-Institut is inviting interested persons to apply for the Goethe Talents Scholarship ahead of the Pop-Kultur Festival 2019.
Application Deadline: 17th April 2019
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Berlin, Germany
About the Award: Are you a young musician, DJ, composer, singer-songwriter, instrumentalist between 20 and 30 years old from a transition or developing country? You want to work professionally in the music field, with your own label or with a booking agency or want to use your music more target-oriented? If you have made first experiences in your field already, Goethe Talents Scholarship will help you to reach the next level.
Pop-Kultur Festival in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut offers activities to experience the Music City Berlin in the run-up to the Festival: Studio visits, jam-sessions, short traineeships in selected companies of the Berlin creative industries, listening sessions and meetings with scholarship holders of Musicboard Berlin GmbH, as well as many other activities, such as visiting concerts will be taking place during the week before Pop-Kultur. Networking will be a big part of the experience.
- Every participant should prepare a short input talk (approx. 10 min.) in advance about his/her experience in the music field thus far and about the music scene in his/her respective country.
- Advanced English skills are crucial as there is no translation available. You will be tested in advance by the local Goethe-Institut.
- You need work experience in the field of music. We need proof of at least 3 projects.
- You have to cover all additional expenses that might occur during your stay.
- All applications are for a one person. No accompanying persons can be sponsored or included in the programme.
- If you do not board your booked flight or cancel the programme on short notice, you are obliged to reimburse the Goethe-Insititut and the Musicboard for any expenses accrued.
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award: The participation fee, accommodation, travel expenses, hospitality (per diem of 10 €) will be covered by the Goethe-Institut for the period of August 13th to August 24th, 2019. The Goethe-Institut will also book and pay for flights and will help with visa issues. Additionally, the Musicboard will give the talents a Festival Ticket free of charge plus access to Pop-Kultur’s networking area for professionals, organize accommodation (breakfast included), cover health insurance and public transportation in Berlin.
Duration of Award: August 13th to August 24th, 2019.
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.