SOAS Research Studentships 2020/2021 for Underrepresented Groups – University of London, UK
Applications open for SOAS research scholarships inc. £17,285 stipend, specially for specific BME & those from Africa, Asia or ME who are underrepresented in academia.
Application Deadline: 2nd April 2020 by 16:00 (UK local time)
Eligible Countries: See list in eligibility below
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: SOAS is pleased to confirm SOAS Research scholarships for the 2020/21 academic year which will be dedicated to supporting research students from specific BME groups within the UK as well as applicants from the Global South who are underrepresented within academia.
Eligible Field of Study: Any full-time MPhil/PhD programme (new admissions only).
Eligibility: This scholarship is open to UK and Overseas fee-paying students however priority will be given to the following:
- Applicants who are UK-permanent residents from the following BME ethnic groups:
- Black (Black or Black British African, Black or Black British Caribbean, Black or Black British other or Mixed Black or Black British)
- Applicants who are from the following countries:
- Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible full-time research programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than end of June 2020. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- The scholarship cannot be held along with any other major scholarship or studentship.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of at least three academic members.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line admissions application. Selectors will be looking at academic attainment – as demonstrated by prior results, references, publications and research proposal and by financial need – based on socio-economic background.
Number of Awards: 7
Value of Award: Each scholarship provides a remission of tuition fees and a maintenance allowance of £17,285, providing full financial support and doctoral skill development to successful recipients.
How to Apply: You must follow the two steps listed.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Studying in South Africa Vs UK - Which is better? Study Abroad Comparison
Studying in UK Vs Italy Which Is Better? Study Abroad Comparison
Is It Too Late To Change Career at 27?