EPFL Summer Research Fellowships 2019 for Undergraduate International Students – Switzerland
School of Computer and Communication Sciences of the École Polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) invites applications for summer fellowships to international students to gain experience in their chosen field.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2019
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Switzerland
About the Award: These Fellowships are open to students who are enrolled in BSc, BTech, MSc, MTech, or equivalent programmes in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, or Electrical Engineering.
Type: Research, Undergraduate
Eligibility:To be considered for the program, applicants:
- Must be enrolled in a degree program in biology, bio-physics, chemistry, bio-engineering, bio-informatics, quantitative biology, genetics courses or a similar life sciences program and plan on pursuing a career in the life sciences. Basic Life Sciences background is essential. Previous lab experience is a plus.
- Must be in good standing with a GPA equivalent to a 3.75/4.0 (5.25/6) grade or higherand should have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate coursework by the summer of 2019. (If your university does not use a 4 point scale, then include an explanation of the your grading scale with your motivation letter. Differences in grading scales will be taken into consideration.
- Participants usually come from the top 5% of their class and have some research experience. Their essays show passion and motivation!
- 1st year master’s students are also eligible, but we mostly aim at undergraduates. (Undergraduate means the first 4 years of university training usually towards a bachelor’s degree.)
- Please keep in mind that last year, we received over 600 applications! This unfortunately makes the acceptance rate very low. We will announce the selected participants 2 to 3 weeks after the deadline on by email.
Number of Awards: Not specified (Up to 25 students are selected from over 600 applicants per year.)
Value of Award: Fellowship recipients will participate in the life of a research unit, typically to help solve problems which are usually part of major research efforts. Often, this will lead to performing challenging programming or design tasks to prove new concepts. Accepted students will receive a living allowance of CHF 1,600.- per month (pro rata to the actual duration) and a refund of traveling costs (2nd class train ticket or low-cost/economy airfare).
Duration of Programme: July 8th to August 29th 2019
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application.
When you register on the application website, you will need to fill some information about yourself, choose up to three domains of scientific interest, and upload some documents.
To view the available scientific domains, check the research pages of the School of Computer and Communication Sciences.
You will need to upload a CV, all your university transcripts, and a 1-page letter of motivation in PDF (no other formats accepted).
You should use the letter of motivation to describe your scientific interests and the reasons that made you apply.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying