EPFL Summer Research Fellowships 2022 for Undergraduate International Students – Switzerland
EPFL Summer Research Fellowships 2022: School of Life Sciences of the École Polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) invites applications for summer fellowships to international students to gain experience in their chosen field.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2022
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Switzerland
About the EPFL Summer Research Fellowships: These Fellowships are open to students who are enrolled in BSc, BTech, MSc, MTech, or equivalent programmes in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, or Electrical Engineering.
Type: Research, Undergraduate
Eligibility: To be considered for the EPFL Summer Research Fellowships, students must:
- be currently enrolled in a university in biology, bio-physics, chemistry, bio-engineering, bio-informatics, quantitative biology, genetics courses or other life sciences related programs
- have a minimum of GPA equivalent to a 3.75/4.0 grade or higher
- have completed at least two years of undergraduate work up to the first year of a master’s degree before the start of the program
- show a strong interest in pursuing a career in life sciences
- Please keep in mind that last year, we received over 600 applications! This unfortunately makes the acceptance rate very low. We will announce the selected participants 2 to 3 weeks after the deadline on by email.
Number of Awards: Not specified (Up to 25 students are selected from over 600 applicants per year.)
Value of EPFL Summer Research Fellowships: Fellowship recipients will participate in the life of a research unit, typically to help solve problems which are usually part of major research efforts. Often, this will lead to performing challenging programming or design tasks to prove new concepts. Accepted students will receive a living allowance of CHF 1,600.- per month (pro rata to the actual duration) and a refund of traveling costs (2nd class train ticket or low-cost/economy airfare).
Duration of Programme: 2 months – July 4th to August 26th 2022
How to Apply for EPFL Summer Research Fellowships: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application.
The selection is based upon
- Your CV (1-2 pages)
- Your motivation letter (maximum 750 words)
- The explanation of lab choices (2-3 sentences per lab)
- University transcript or school official list of classes and grades
- Two letters of recommendation
- Basic life sciences understanding is essential; previous lab experience is a plus
Please submit your including pdf uploads of all the above mentioned documents. Only applications with the full application material will be taken into consideration.
ATTENTION: Prepare all your documents (CV, Motivation Letter, Lab Explanations, Transcripts) and contact details for your 2 referees (name, institution, and email address) in advance. Once you begin your application, you must finish it in one sitting.
You should use the letter of motivation to describe your scientific interests and the reasons that made you apply.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying