German Development Institute Managing Global Governance (MGG) Academy 2019 for Young Leaders
The MGG Academy is geared towards highly-qualified young professionals who work in a partner institution of the MGG network or in an institution that is interested in future cooperation.
Application Deadline: 15thFebruary 2019.
Eligible Countries: Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, South Africa
To be taken at (country): Bonn, Germany
About the Award: The Managing Global Governance (MGG) Academy is a dialogue and advanced training course that brings together young professionals from rising powers and from Europe.Its overarching purpose is to support the development of future change makers who are addressing global challenges and are dedicated to transformative change.
Type: Training, Internship
Eligibility: Prospective participants should
- work in a governmental organisation, policy-oriented think tank, research institution, civil society or private sector oranisation in an MGG partner country (Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, South Africa),
- work on issues relevant to global governance such as international trade, international economics and finance, environmental challenges, international security or development cooperation,
- speak English fluently,
- have at least three years of working experience,
- be open to a broad variety of working methods,
- be willing to reflect on collective and individual experiences and competencies,
- be sensitive to other cultures.
Candidates for the MGG Academy have to be nominated by their organisation and can then participate in a selection process.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- The participants in the MGG Academy are granted ascholarship from the German Federal Government. Thescholarship covers the current costs of living, all MGGrelatedcosts and travel expenses in Germany and Europeas well as health, personal liability and accident insurancesduring the training in Germany.
- The German government’s financial provision for thescholarship ensures an adequate standard of living inGermany. However, the scholarship is not sufficient toprovide financial support for families or relatives, neither fora visit to Germany nor at home.
- The partner institution is requested to cover the travelexpenses for a round trip to and from Germany and to grantthe participant a special leave of absence for the training.
Duration of Programme: The MGG Academy 2019 is taking place from 15 August – 11 December 2019.
How to Apply: To successfully apply to the MGG Academy 2019, please
- Download the application form and have it duly filled, signed and stamped by yourself and your employer.
- Afterwards, please apply here.
- Please upload the application form part 1 and part 2 duly filled, signed and stamped to your application. (Please upload the whole form as filled pdf-file. Please only print pages 9 and 12 and upload them signed and stamped as scanned copy. Please include application forms part 1 and 2, your CV, diplomas, passport and English language certificate to your online application.) Kindly understand that we are not able to take incomplete applications into consideration.