International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) 2019 Science Communication Fellowship (Funded to Vienna, Italy)
Applications are now open for the summer 2019 Science Communication Fellowship.
Application Deadline: 11th January 2019.
Eligible Countries: Applicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of member countries.
To be taken at (country): Vienna, Italy
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in science or journalism, and/or current student or graduate of a science journalism program.
- Applicants from all countries are welcome, but IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of countries in which IIASA has a National Member Organization. We encourage applications from developing countries.
- Experience in writing about science for the general public via blogs, newspapers, university web sites, or other outlets.
- Written and oral fluency in English and proven ability to understand complex scientific research.
- Experience with or interest in social media, video, photography, or other multimedia is a plus.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The fellowship covers the cost of travel to and from Vienna and the awardee’s home country at the beginning and end of the fellowship, as well as a modest stipend to offset living expenses during the period of the fellowship.
- The science communication fellow will gain experience in communicating complex systems science for a general audience through a variety of platforms including blogs, website content, video, and articles for our magazine, Options.
- The successful candidate will work in the IIASA Communications Department, assisting with a variety of tasks including editorial work, web publishing, media relations, event coverage, multimedia, social media, and other communication activities.
- The fellow will also work closely with participants in the IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP), producing several pieces of work covering research from the program.
Duration of Programme: The fellowship starts on 27 May and ends on 30 August.
How to Apply: To apply, please email the following documents to Ms. Alia Harrison, Recruitment Coordinator, Human Resources Department, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis at [email protected]
- Cover Letter
- One writing sample of no more than 800 words (longer texts will not be considered) about a scientific topic and aimed at a general audience (e.g., article for a newspaper or magazine, blog post, or op-ed)
- A letter of recommendation
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Most Useful University Degrees for the Future
Studying in Canada vs USA Which is better Study Abroad Comparison
7 Things You Didn’t Know About the Richest Black Man in the World