International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) 2020 Science Communication Fellowship (Funded to Vienna, Italy)
Applications are now open for the summer 2020 Science Communication Fellowship.
Application Deadline: 11th January 2020.
Eligible Countries: Applicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of member countries.
To be taken at (country): Vienna, Italy
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in science or journalism, and/or current student or graduate of a science journalism program.
- Applicants from all countries are welcome, but IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of countries in which IIASA has a National Member Organization. We encourage applications from developing countries.
- Experience in writing about science for the general public via blogs, newspapers, university web sites, or other outlets.
- Written and oral fluency in English and proven ability to understand complex scientific research.
- Experience with or interest in social media, video, photography, or other multimedia is a plus.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The stipend is 4,000 EUR for the three months. IIASA does not provide housing or additional funding for housing. General information on working at IIASA is available here. A page with frequently asked questions can be accessed here, but please note that this page has been designed for attendees of the Young Scientists Summer Program and not all of it will apply to the science communication fellow.
Duration of Programme: The fellowship starts on 25 May and ends on 31 August.
How to Apply: To apply, please email the following documents to Ms. Alia Harrison, Recruitment Coordinator, Human Resources Department, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis at [email protected]
- Cover Letter
- One writing sample of no more than 800 words about a scientific topic and aimed at a general audience (e.g., article for a newspaper or magazine, blog post, or op-ed)
- A letter of recommendation
The application deadline is 11 January 2020. Incomplete applications/applications with writing samples containing more than 800 words will not be considered.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat