DAAD/CERAAS Masters and PhD Scholarships 2019 for sub-Saharan African Students – Senegal
Call for Scholarship Applications 2019 at Centre d’Etude Régional pour l’Amélioration de l’Adaptation à la Sécheresse (CERAAS) in Senegal.
Application Deadline: 6th August 2019
Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Senegal
About the Award: The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships).
Field of Study: The In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme Scholarships supports studies in subject areas with strong relevance to national development.
The scholarships at CERAAS are available in the following fields:
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Health
Type: Masters, PhD
- have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (second class upper division)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country
- should generally be a) staff member of a public or private university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector or d) DAFI-Alumni (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative)
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
Number of Awards:
- Masters: up to 1 In-Country and 3 In-Region scholarships
- PhD: up to 1 In-Country and 2 In-Region scholarships
Value of Award:
- The scholarship covers Tuition, Travel, Study and Research allowance, Monthly living and accommodation allowance as well as a Final allowance.
- DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarship holders are also encouraged to apply for a research grant in Germany for 2 up to 6 months. Please note: The short-term research stay in Germany should preferably be announced in the application for the regular scholarship.
The short-term research scholarship includes:
• a monthly scholarship payment for living costs which amounts to 1.000 € per month
• health/accident/personal liability insurance
• a flat-rate travel allowance
All further details regarding additional benefits and the additional application processes will be provided after admission to the scholarship programme.
Duration of Programme: The duration
- of the PhD programme is up to three years
- of the Master programme is up to two years
How to Apply: If you are interested, then go through the Application requirements in the Programme Webpage (see Link below)
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
How to Apply to Win DAAD Scholarship in Germany
15 Inspiring Lessons from 5 African Billionaires for Young People
How to Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship – Tips To Apply To Win