UK Government Darwin Fellowship Award 2021 for Developing Countries
The UK Government is offering the Darwin Fellowship Award aimed at building capacity in developing countries.
Application Deadline: 19th January 2021
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): UK
About the Award: The Fellowship programme is intended to support Fellows to draw on UK technical and scientific expertise in the fields of biodiversity and sustainable development to broaden their knowledge and experience.
Eligibility: Applications for Fellowship funding should come from an organisation (the Lead Organisation) and not an individual. There should be a named individual within the Lead Organisation responsible for the application, called the Project Leader. The host organisation where the individual will carry out the training or research must be in the UK.
The Lead Organisation:
- must have expertise in natural resource management
- can be either a public or private sector organisation
- should provide experts from within the organisation with a proven track record and at the forefront of their discipline(s) to work closely with or supervise the Fellow. This expertise is typically expected to be a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
Darwin Fellowships will support promising individuals who:
- have a link with a recent or current Darwin Initiative project or
- are currently involved directly in the implementation of the key biodiversity conventions and agreements listed above
Further information is available in the guidance.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Eligible costs (depending on the nature of the Fellowship) include a monthly subsistence, Lead organisation expenses, travel costs and fees for academic qualifications. Further information on Darwin Fellowship awards can be found in the Darwin Round 25 Guidance.
How to Apply:
- You will need to apply online for Round 27 Darwin Initiative Fellowship projects through the Flexi grant application portal.
- Before applying, please read the Guidance notes for applicants (round 27) and the The Darwin Initiative: Fellowship award Flexi-Grant user guide.
- Once you have read the guidance, complete the Darwin Fellowship Round 27 application form on the Flexigrant application portal. For drafting purposes, you may find the useful.