University of St.Gallen Excellence Scholarships 2020/2021 for International Students – Switzerland
Every year, the University of St.Gallen offers Undergraduate scholarships to incoming international students on merit.
Application Deadline: 8 days after the HSG admission test in Summer: 16th July 2020. This deadline also applies to applicants who pass their entrance exam in February.
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Switzerland
About the Award: The University offers two different Excellence Scholarships to Students.
- Excellence Scholarships of the University of St.Gallen
- Starr International Foundation Scholarship Fund
Excellence Scholarships of the University of St.Gallen:
Excellence Scholarships will be granted to foreign students enrolled in Bachelor studies at the University of St.Gallen as of Autumn Semester 2018 and on the basis of merit. Every year, six scholarships will be awarded to students in the Assement Year, which will be paid out over a period of three years. The scholarship amount is tantamount to the current tuition fees at the Bachelor’s Level (which runs to six semesters). At present, a grantee would receive an annual sum of CHF 6,252 (for all three years, this corresponds to a scholarship of CHF 18,756).
- International applicants with internationally recognised relevant educational qualifications and certificates
- Successful passing of the University of St.Gallen’s internal admission test
- Timely application including all documentation required in the application process.
Following successful enrolment, undergraduates will have to submit a letter of motivation and a two-minute video in mp3/4 quality to the Advice Centre for Study Funding (e-mail:[email protected]), which will have to provide answers to the following questions:
- Why does the applicant wish to study at the HSG?
- What are the applicant’s career perspectives and vision?
- Why does the applicant deserve this Excellence Scholarship?
- Has the applicant already made any contributions such as working for the benefit of society or a charity or by means of ecological and/or social activities?
Starr International Foundation Scholarship Fund
The Starr International Foundation Scholarship Fund is set aside for highly talented foreign-language students with a recognised foreign Bachelor’s degree who are completing a Master’s degree in one of the English-language programmes (Strategy and International Management (SIM), Quantitative Economics and Finance (MiQE/F), International Affairs and Governance (MIA), Banking and Finance (MBF), Marketing, Services and Communication (MSC), Economics (MEcon), International Law (MIL) and Finance and Accounting (MaccFin).
As a rule, grants in the amount of CHF 15,000 per programme shall be paid out every year. Exceptional students are identified by the Advice Center for Study Funding on the basis of various criteria. Students are then asked to submit additional documents.