CUA-SIU International Scholarship Program for Urologists in Developing Countries 2018 – Canada
The Canadian Urological Association is offering scholarships for the purpose of medical research in urology to developing countries.
Application Deadline: 3rd April 2018
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
About the Award: The objective of the CUA-SIU International Scholarship Program is to foster the improvement of
urological care in developing countries, through the financial support of international urological
fellow trainees planning to return to their home country.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- be fully-trained urologists, within five (5) years of a urology residency program;
- be residents of a developing country, as defined by the International Monetary Fund (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developing_country) ;
- have been accepted to a clinical and/or research urology fellowship at a Canadian institution;
- provide details on other sources of funding, and list of expected expenses; and
- must display intent to return to their home country following completion of fellowship training.
Prior to receipt of the Award:
- The recipient must apply for CUA Candidate membership and SIU Trainee membership if not already a respective member of each; and
- The host institution must provide the CUASF with confirmation of current enrollment of the recipient
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Every year, a maximum of $20,000 will be awarded.
- Each grant may cover a period of 1 month to one year, for up to $1,000 per month of training, up to a maximum of $10,000 per award.
Award recipients are required to submit a written report to the chair of the CUASF Scientific Council within twelve (12) months of the return to their home country, summarizing how their Canadian training has enhanced the urological care in their country. The CUASF will forward this report to the SIU National Delegates of both Canada and the recipient’s home country.
Duration of Program: Awards are not renewable, and are for a period of one (1) year.
How to Apply: The application deadline for the CUA-SIU International Scholarship Program is April 3, 2018.
Applicants must be commencing their first or second year of fellowship training within the same calendar year. All applications are to be submitted electronically (www.cuasf.org) and must include:
- Completed application form;
- Personal letter of support, including how the fellowship meets the Program’s “Objective” and a declaration of intent to return to their home country following completion of fellowship training;
- Confirmation of acceptance to a urology fellowship (clinical and/or research) at a Canadian institution, which includes stated length or dates of training period; and
- Letter of recommendation from a home country medical institute.
- Curriculum Vitae (Please submit a pdf version of your Common (CHIR) CV)
All submissions are reviewed by the CUASF Scientific Council chair and a committee.
All applications should be submitted online via: www.cuasf.org
Award Providers: Canadian Urological Association