Apply: G(irls)20 Summit for Young Girls Worldwide (Fully-funded to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) 2020
Applications are open for the G(irls)20 Summit in Saudi Arabia. Young women will be selected to for a week of leadership training & mentoring by female leaders in the business & public sectors.
Application Deadline: 13th March 2020
- African Union
- MENA (Middle East and Northern Africa)
- South America (Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, and Venezuela)
- G20 member countries and regions: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada (1 Indigenous and 1 non-Indigenous delegate), China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, European Union
To Be Taken At (Country): Buenos Aires, Argentina
About the Award: Since 2010, the G(irls)20 Global Summit has served as the only platform for young women to influence the G20. Every year, the Summit is held in the same country as the G20 Presidency; in 2020 Saudi Arabia will host world leaders and engagement groups. In October 2020, 25+ young women from around the world will meet for the 11th Global Summit in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, for a week of leadership training, social enterprise development and mentoring by female leaders in the business and public sectors. Participation at the Summit (including the cost of travel) is free of any costs for delegates.
Must be 18 years old when you submit your application, and must not be older than 23 years old before October 31, 2020.
√ Holds or can obtain a valid passport
√ Holds citizenship in any of the participating countries or regions:
G20 Members: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, European Union.
2020 Guest Countries and Regions: Afghanistan, African Union, Indigenous*, MENA (Includes: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen), Pakistan, United Arab Emirates,Vietnam.
*Please note the Indigenous delegate position is open to a young woman from any country around the world who belongs to a self-identified Indigenous group
Number of Awards: 20+
Value of Award: G(irls)20 will cover the following costs for all delegates:
- Flights to and from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia from their nearest major city
- Transportation to and from the airport in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Accommodation in a shared room with one other female delegate
- All meals during the week
- Travel insurance
- Costs associated with travel visas
What’s expected of a delegate? Every applicant submits one idea for a policy recommendation to be incorporated into the Communiqué + one idea for a community development project to launch at home. Successful delegates will be expected to:
- Spend approximately 2 hours per week from June 2018 – October 2018 doing pre-summit work online
- Participate fully in the week-long Summit, including attending all sessions, making new connections, asking questions, and bringing an open mind
- Contribute to the development of a Communiqué.
- Post-summit, launch a community development project at home. View past Social Impact Initiatives.
- Monthly check-ins with her mentor following Summit
Duration of Program: 1 week
How to Apply: Apply Now!
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat