thisisFINLAND Foreign Correspondents’ Programme for International Journalists Fully-funded 2020
Have you always wanted to visit Finland? Have you ever wondered about Finnish society and the Finnish way of life? If you’re a young journalist or social media influencer, you might have a chance at a once-in-a-lifetime Finnish experience!
Application Deadline: 19th March 2020 11.59 pm local time.
Eligible Countries: Argentina, Australia, Chile, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Angola/Namibia, Tunisia, Israel, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Turkey, Hungary, Poland and the UK;
To Be Taken At (Country): Finland
About the Award: The Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland has administrated thisisFINLAND Foreign Correspondents’ Programme (FCP) since 1990.The programme is targeted for young international journalists.
ThisisFINLAND’s Foreign Correspondents’ programme will be held again from June 7 to 13, 2020. During the week, you will find out about inspiring Finnish solutions for reaching carbon neutrality, Finland’s human-rights-based foreign policy, and equality in Finnish society, not to mention pristine nature, sauna customs, and vibrant urban culture.
The programme provides an excellent opportunity to learn more about Finland, Finnish society and the Finnish way of life. It includes briefings on various subjects, meetings with Finnish professionals and visits to business enterprises, cultural sites and institutions.
Type: Short courses/Training
Eligibility: This year’s Foreign Correspondents’ Programme is definitely for you if you are:
- An aspiring journalist (recent graduate or soon to graduate) with some work experience in a media company (broadcast, print, or online), or a social media influencer, for example an accomplished blogger or vlogger;
- A citizen or permanent resident of one of the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Chile, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Angola/Namibia, Tunisia, Israel, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Turkey, Hungary, Poland and the UK;
- Able to work and communicate fluently in English;
- Interested in learning new things, meeting people from different cultures, and spending a week in a foreign country;
- Excited about becoming a lifelong friend of Finland!
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- The scholarship covers the costs of travel to and from Finland, local travel in Helsinki, accommodation and the daily programme, including transportation and some meals.
- The programme does not cover medical insurance, per diem allowance or meals not listed as part of the programme.
- The programme is intensive, and includes briefings on various subjects, meetings with Finnish professionals and visits to business enterprises, cultural sites and institutions.
- It also includes a weekend stay as the guest of a Finnish family.
- The programme provides an excellent opportunity to learn more about Finland, Finnish society and the Finnish way of life.
- It also offers the means to enhance your professional skills, as well as expand your network of professional colleagues and international friends.
Duration of Program: June 7 to 13, 2020.
How to Apply: All application documents should be written in English. They include:
- Attached application form
- Curriculum vitae, including photo
- A work sample, or an essay (600–800 words), or a link to a short video (2–3 minutes) emphasising your interest in Finland.
All application materials should be sent by email to the relevant Finnish Embassy or Consulate (see their contact details below). Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.