LSHTM Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2019/2020 for Students from Developing Commonwealth Countries
This year, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is offering TEN awards. NINE for MSc Public Health for Eye Care programme and ONE for MSc Nutrition for Global Health programme.
Application Deadline: 14th March 2019.
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Cameroon, Eswatini, The Gambia, Ghana, Guyana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, Vanuata, Zambia.
To Be Taken At (Country): UK
About the Awards:
- This year, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is offering nine awards under the CSSS ‘Strengthening health systems and capacity’ theme for MSc Public Health for Eye Care programme.
- This year, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is offering one award under the CSSS ‘Promoting global prosperity’ theme for MSc Nutrition for Global Health programme.
Eligibility: Applicants must
- be a citizen of or be granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person, and
- be permanently and continually resident in an eligible Commonwealth country, and
- be available to start your academic studies in the UK at the start of the 2019-20 academic year (September 2019), and
- hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a lower second class level plus a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree) by October 2019 , and
- be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue their proposed course of study and meet the School’s English language proficiency requirements at the time of application, and
- not have studied for one academic year or more in a high income country, and
- not have worked for one year or more in a high income country, and
- confirm in writing (via CSCUK application) that neither they nor their families would otherwise be able to pay for study in the UK, and
- confirm in writing (via CSCUK application) that they will return to their home country within one month of the end of the end of their award.
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award: Each scholarship award will provide:
- Tuition fees (at the overseas fee rate)
- GBP 1,330.00 monthly maintenance stipend
- GBP 421.00 warm clothing allowance
- GBP 200.00 study travel grant
- GBP 225.00 thesis grant
- CSCUK-approved airfare from the student’s home country to the United Kingdom, and return home at the end of the award
- Visa and associated costs (including Tuberculosis test fees, when required by UK Visas & Immigration)
- Excess baggage allowance for return home
How to Apply: To apply for these fundings, applicants must:
MSc Public Health for Eye Care programme
- submit a complete application for study for 2019-20 MSc Public Health for Eye Care, and
- submit a complete CSSS application for funding via the CSCUK’s online application form
MSc Nutrition for Global Health programme
- submit a complete application for study for 2019-20 MSc Nutrition for Global Health, and
- submit a complete Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme application for funding via the CSCUK’s online application form
before the funding deadline of 16.00 (GMT) on 14 March 2019.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpages see link below) before applying