UN Human Rights Fellowship 2019 for People of African Descent – Switzerland
United Nations is offering Human Rights Fellowship to African descendants living in Diaspora for study in Switzerland 2019.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible African Countries: Applicants of African Origin
To be taken at (country): Geneva, Switzerland
About the Award: The Human Rights Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent provides the participants with an intensive learning opportunity to deepen their understanding of the United Nations human rights system, instruments and mechanisms, with a focus on issues of particular relevance to people of African descent. The Fellowship Programme will allow the participants to better contribute to the protection and promotion of civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of people of African descent in their respective countries.
Offered Since: 2011
Selection Criteria: The selection of the fellows will reflect gender and regional balance. The human rights situation of People of African Descent in the respective countries will also be taken into consideration.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Human Rights Fellowship:
- The candidate must be an individual of African descent living in the Diaspora. · The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
- The candidate needs to have sufficient command of the English language to be able to participate fully in the programme.
- The candidate has to submit a letter from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights certifying their status.
- The candidates must be available to attend the full duration of the programme. The selected fellows will be expected to participate in different activities and to strictly follow the programme.
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Value of Awards: Each fellow is entitled to a return ticket (economy class) from the country of residence to Geneva, basic health insurance, and a stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the Programme.
Duration of Programme: In 2019, the Fellowship will be held from 25 November to 13 December in Geneva, Switzerland.
How to Apply: Applicants are requested to submit the following documents in one single e-mail to[email protected]:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A completed, signed and scanned Application Form in one single document.
- A Personal Statement (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate will explain his/her motivation for applying, and how he/she will use the knowledge gained from the fellowship to promote the interests and rights of people of African descent.
- An Official Letter from the nominating organization or community certifying the status
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
- Please note that submissions with more than five attachments will not be accepted.
Important: Please mention in the subject header of your e-mail: “Application for the YEAR Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent.”
Name the attached document as follows:
LAST NAME First name – Type of document
Example: SMITH Jacqueline – Application form.doc
SMITH Jacqueline – A Personal Statement.doc
SMITH Jacqueline – Letter certifying Status.pdf
SMITH Jacqueline – Passport.pdf
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World