Employers Activities Programme (ACTEMP) Internship at International Training Centre 2019 – Italy
The International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization (the Centre), the training arm of the ILO, is inviting applications for its Junior Programme Officer posts in the Employers Activities Programme (ACTEMP)
Application Deadline: 3rd March 2019
Eligible Countries: International Labour Organisation member states (Applications from qualified candidates from member States in under-represented regions (Africa, Arab States and Asia-Pacific) would be particularly welcome.
To Be Taken At (Country): Turin, Italy
About the Award: The International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization (the Centre) is the training arm of the ILO, the Specialized Agency of the United Nations, which promotes social justice and human rights in the world of work.
This position is located in the Employers’ Activities Programme (ACTEMP)
ACTEMP provides training to strengthen employers’ representatives in areas that are strategic for economic growth, governance, development and poverty alleviation. We believe that employers’ and business associations can make significant contributions for sustainable development and therefore help Employers’ Organizations around the world to become more representative and effective voices of business.
Education: University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Law, Communication, International Relations or related subject.
- At least three years of professional experience in a junior level managerial position in an Employers Business Member Organizations (EBMOs) or in a private company.
- Experience in the administration and implementation of training activities and experience in international environment would be considered as assets.
Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of French or Spanish. Knowledge of a third working language of the Centre would be considered an asset
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to major changes in work tasks or in the work environment.
- Client Service: ability to meet client needs effectively (internal and external).
- Collaboration: ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate work goals.
- Communication: ability to communicate by clearly conveying information to individuals or groups.
- Initiative: act promptly to accomplish objectives, including beyond what is required.
- Integrity: ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational norms and adhere to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
- Knowledge management: continuously develop and update professional knowledge base; assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Sensitivity to diversity: open to accommodating the differences found in other cultures, between genders and to interact effectively with people of different cultures.
- Decision-making: analysis, judgement and problem solving
- Managing work: ability to manage one’s time and resources effectively to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Good research and writing skills: interest and capacity in research and in writing concisely, clearly and with an in-depth approach;
- Excellent knowledge on functioning and role of Employers’ and Business Member Organisations;
- Good knowledge in at least one of the following ILO technical area relevant to the Programme for Employers Activities: employment policies, responsible business conducts in global supply chain, skills development, social dialogue and industrial relations.
- Full competence in using standard computer applications, particularly software for training aids development (PPT, PREZI and others)
- Good knowledge of training methodologies for adult learners, including distance-learning modality would be considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to work with team spirit, within the Programme and with other Centre units.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The monthly amount of the stipend is fixed at € 500.00. No other payment of any kind shall be made to an intern by the Centre in connection with an internship agreement.
Duration of Program: 6 months: From 1 April 2019 to 30 September 2019
How to Apply: All candidates must complete an on-line application form.
- Instructions for on-line application procedures are available on the Program Webpage (see Link below).
Award Provider: International Labour Organisation
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Most Useful University Degrees for the Future
Studying in Canada vs USA Which is better Study Abroad Comparison
7 Things You Didn’t Know About the Richest Black Man in the World