Junior Programme Officer Employers Activities Programme (ACTEMP) Internship at International Training Centre 2018 – Italy
The International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization (the Centre), the training arm of the ILO, is inviting applications for its Junior Programme Officer posts in the Employers Activities Programme (ACTEMP)
Application Deadline: 6th March 2018
Eligible Countries: International Labour Organisation member states (Applications from qualified candidates from member States in under-represented regions (Africa, Arab States and Asia-Pacific) would be particularly welcome.
To Be Taken At (Country): Turin, Italy
About the Award: The International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization (the Centre) is the training arm of the ILO, the Specialized Agency of the United Nations, which promotes social justice and human rights in the world of work. The Centre delivers training, learning and capacity development services to governments, employers and workers’ organizations, and other national and international partners, in support of decent work and sustainable development. Its mission is to be the leading global provider of learning and training for the world of work. Each year, it delivers over 400 programmes and projects for around 13,000 people from over 180 countries.
This position is located in the Employers’ Activities Programme (ACTEMP)
ACTEMP provides training to strengthen employers’ representatives in areas that are strategic for economic growth, governance, development and poverty alleviation. We believe that employers’ and business associations can make significant contributions for sustainable development and therefore help Employers’ Organizations around the world to become more representative and effective voices of business.
Organization unit: Employers Activities Programme (ACTEMP)
Education: University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Law, Communication, International Relations or related subject.
- At least three years of professional experience in a junior level managerial position in an Employers Business Member Organizations (EBMOs) or in a private company.
- Experience in the administration and implementation of training activities and experience in international environment would be considered as assets.
Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of French or Spanish. Knowledge of a third working language of the Centre would be considered an asset
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to major changes in work tasks or in the work environment.
- Client Service: ability to meet client needs effectively (internal and external).
- Collaboration: ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate work goals.
- Communication: ability to communicate by clearly conveying information to individuals or groups.
- Initiative: act promptly to accomplish objectives, including beyond what is required.
- Integrity: ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational norms and adhere to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
- Knowledge management: continuously develop and update professional knowledge base; assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Sensitivity to diversity: open to accommodating the differences found in other cultures, between genders and to interact effectively with people of different cultures.
- Decision-making: analysis, judgement and problem solving
- Managing work: ability to manage one’s time and resources effectively to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Good research and writing skills: interest and capacity in research and in writing concisely, clearly and with an in-depth approach;
- Excellent knowledge on functioning and role of Employers’ and Business Member Organisations;
- Good knowledge in at least one of the following ILO technical area relevant to the Programme for Employers Activities: employment policies, responsible business conducts in global supply chain, skills development, social dialogue and industrial relations.
- Full competence in using standard computer applications, particularly software for training aids development (PPT, PREZI and others)
- Good knowledge of training methodologies for adult learners, including distance-learning modality would be considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to work with team spirit, within the Programme and with other Centre units.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Successful candidate will receive Salary to the minimum of USD 46,472.00 and maximum of USD 61,889.00.
- Adjustments included
- Numerous other allowances and benefits subject to specific terms of appointment included (view Program Webpage for details)
How to Apply: All candidates must complete an on-line application form.Duration of Program: 1 year with extension subject to satisfactory conduct and performance
- To apply, please visit the Centre’s e-recruitment website here
- Instructions for on-line application procedures are available on the Program Webpage (see Link below).
- Candidates evaluation may include a written test, a pre-interview competency based assessment centre and a final interview. These will tentatively take place between March and May 2018. Candidates are requested to ensure their availability should they be shortlisted for further consideration.
- Applicants will be contacted directly if shortlisted.
- Depending on the location and availability of candidates, assessors and interview panel members, the Centre may use communication technologies such as e-mail, Skype, video-conference, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates at the different stages of the recruitment process, including assessment centres, written test or interviews.
Award Provider: International Labour Organisation