Apply: United Nations Teen Advisors Program 2020 for Young Girls
The United Nations Foundation is looking for passionate female change-makers from all around the world for the Girl Up Teen Advisor program.
Application Deadline: 29th February 2020 11:59 pm Eastern Time
Eligible Countries: All
About the Award: The Teen Advisor program is where Girl Up truly lives out its “by girls, for girls” mission. Composed of a widely diverse group of teenage girls, Teen Advisors are passionate change-makers who together spread and fuel Girl Up’s work. As Teen Advisors, they are central to all Girl Up decision-making including advocacy, fundraising and communications strategy. To support the Teen Advisors in this task, Girl Up provides skills-based trainings, professional development opportunities, hands-on learning, and most significantly, personal relationships with the staff.
Teen Advisor Responsibilities include:
- Attend and actively participate in and prepare for monthly calls/webinars (scheduled for the second Sunday of every month)
- Attend two mandatory in-person meetings — one preceding the annual Leadership Summit in Washington D.C. (mid-July), the other in January or February of the following year (for those U.S. applicants, the weekend generally follows either MLK….”
- Start and/or lead a Girl Up Club in your school or surrounding community
- Regularly contribute to the Girl Up Community, an online hub for Girl Up Clubs and Campuses
- Represent Girl Up in the media and at events in their communities
Eligibility: Applications are open to self-identified girls from the U.S and outside the U.S.
- Must be entering the U.S. equivalent of 9th-12th grades
- Display a sense of maturity, cultural-sensitivity, and openness to learning about different cultures
- Be committed to the empowerment of girls and women
- Possess strong leadership skills and have proven desire to become a globally-minded citizen through meaningful discussion, learning and action in their community and school
- Have knowledge of and passion for Girl Up’s mission and vision for adolescent girls around the world
- Be able to complete all Teen Advisor responsibilities as outlined below
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Access to United Nations speakers, agencies and initiatives
- Access and financial support to attend speaking and blogging opportunities for special events and conferences like the Social Good Summit and International Day of the Girl
- Intensive skills-based trainings, professional development opportunities, hands-on learning
- An insider’s view into Girl Up through constant communication with staff, and most significantly, personal relationships
- Decision-making power in the work of the campaign
Duration of Program: Program runs for 1 year
How to Apply:
- The 2020-2021 Girl Up Teen Advisor application consists of an online application with essay questions, video submission, and letter of recommendation.
- In addition, a letter of recommendation with the subject line Teen Advisor Application Recommendation Letter_Last Name_First Name must also be submitted to [email protected] for an application to be considered complete. Only complete applications submitted by 11:59pm EST on February 29, 2020 will be considered.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Studying in South Africa Vs UK - Which is better? Study Abroad Comparison
Studying in UK Vs Italy Which Is Better? Study Abroad Comparison
Is It Too Late To Change Career at 27?