West African Research Association (WARA) Residency Fellowship 2020 for African Researchers
In the interest of enhancing transatlantic exchange and collaboration, the West African Research Association, with funding from the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US State Department, offers Residencies for WARA member institutions to host a West African Scholar on their campus.
Application Deadline: 15th February 2020 11:59pm
Eligible Countries: West African countries
About the Award: Each residency will last 4-8 weeks and will provide the visiting scholar with opportunities for library research, guest lecturing, and/or collaborative work with American colleagues.
Type: Research, Fellowship
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: WARA will pay the round-trip travel costs of the selected scholar as well as a stipend of $3500 to help cover meals and local transportation costs. Host institutions are encouraged to provide additional support in the form of housing, office space, library privileges, laboratory facilities, or other supports for the period of the residency.
Duration of Program: 4-8 weeks
How to Apply: All applications must be submitted online and will include:
- Name and contact information for representative of WARA host institution
- A 50-80 word abstract of the proposed residency, clearly indicating the purpose of the Residency (clearly indicate the host institution contact person)
- A proposal of no more than six (6) double-spaced pages profiling the visiting scholar, his or her proposed residency activities, how the residency will contribute to the goals of WARA, the expected impact or outcome of the residency, and any support that the host institution is prepared to contribute
- Curriculum vitae for the visiting scholar
- A letter of interest from the scholar
- A letter of support from a relevant administrator (dean, department chair, etc.) at the host institution
- Proof of citizenship in the form of a copy of the scholar’s passport (please note: only scholars who are eligible for non-immigrant visas to the U.S. will be considered)
All applications for WARA grants, including the WARA Residency Fellowship, must be submitted through the online application.
Important Notes: Please note that applications can only be made by WARA member institutions for the purpose of bringing a specific scholar to their campus. Applications from individual scholars will not be accepted.