World Bank Sustainable Cities Global Photo Contest 2017
The #SustainableCities Photo Contest is organized by the GPSC, its partner cities, and the Global Environment Facility, as part of the upcoming 2nd GPSC Annual Meeting.
Application Deadline: 6th October, 2017 (11:30 pm EDT, Friday)
Eligible Countries: All
About the Award: Building healthy and well-functioning cities and communities that continue to thrive for generations is the goal of the Global Platform for Sustainable Cities (GPSC), a collaboration that unites cities across continents in their endeavors towards achieving sustainable, resilient development.
What would these cities and communities look like to you? The GPSC, its partner cities, and the Global Environment Facility (GEF) invite you to articulate sustainability through the medium of photography.
Whether it be elements of your city that represent sustainability, or a moment in time that captures the spirit of inclusive, resilient, and sustainable urban development, we invite you to share your vision with us, through your photographs.
Eligibility: The Contest is open to individuals who are not active staff of the World Bank Group, including consultants, interns, contractors and their employees. Family members and relatives of World Bank Group staff are eligible to participate.
- Amateur photographers are greatly encouraged.
- Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: (1) Clarity and relevance of the topic; (2) creativity; and (3) photographic quality of the photograph.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The winners of the photo competition will each win exciting prizes: a $500 voucher for purchasing photography equipment, as well as a chance to be recognized at an award ceremony and have their photographs featured in the World Bank / GPSC’s online and print materials.
How to Apply:
- Submit up to 2 photos with the theme of “sustainable cities.” All photos must be original photos taken within the year of 2017.
- Each photo must be accompanied by a caption, written in English and containing no more than 2–3 sentences (30 to 40 words). The caption should include the hashtag #SustainableCities, so it could be adapted for use on social media.
- Entries must include the following information: your name, phone number, and email address.
- Entries must be original and unpublished. Contestants should be prepared to certify this attestation on request.
- Contestants must obtain all necessary third-party releases (human subjects in the photographs, including parental/guardians’ approval for minors).
- Initial entries must be in JPEG format at a resolution of 800×600 pixels, either in portrait or landscape layout, and not more than 5MB in size. Shortlisted photos will need to be re-submitted in higher resolution.
- All entries must be submitted in English via this e-mail link by 11:30 pm EDT, October 6, 2017, along with a one-page CV, a signed statement of authorship, and with “Photo Competition” and your name in the subject line.
- Only shortlisted entries will be contacted.
- Have more than two images to share? We highly encourage you to share your images on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and other social media platforms. Promote the contest and your photos by tagging them with #SustainableCities.
Award Providers: World Bank Global Platform for Sustainable Cities (GPSC)