Call for Nominations: World Economic Forum (WEF) Young Global Leader Program 2021
The World Economic Forum (WEF) is calling for entries for its Young Global Leader Program for 2020
Application Deadline: 31st May 2020
Eligible Countries: International
About the Award: The Forum of Young Global Leaders is a community of over 800 enterprising, socially-minded men and women selected under the age of 40, who operate as a force for good to overcome barriers that elsewhere stand in the way of progress. The community is made up of leaders from all walks of life, from every region of the world, and from every stakeholder group in society.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Young Global Leaders Class of 2020,
· The candidate must be born on or after 1 January 1982.
- · He/she has a recognized record of extraordinary achievement and a proven track record of substantial leadership experience. Typically, this means 5-15 years of outstanding professional work experience and a clear indication of playing a substantial leadership role for the rest of his or her career.
- · He/she has demonstrated a personal commitment to serve society at large through exceptional contributions and a deep ethical fiber, and has earned significant trust at both local and global levels.
- · He/she has an impeccable record in the public eye and good standing in his/her community, as well as show great self-awareness and a desire for learning.
- · Candidates from the business sector must be responsible for the full operation of a qualifying corporation or division and must hold one of the following titles: President, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director, Managing Partner or Publisher, or equivalent of any of the above. If the company is a Member or Partner of the World Economic Forum, the candidate requires the approval of the CEO or Chairman of the Board of the respective company.
- · Companies, organizations and entities can only nominate one candidate from the qualifying company every two years
Selection: Nominated under the age of 40, Young Global Leaders (YGLs) are proposed through a qualified nomination process and assessed according to rigorous selection criteria that creates a diverse and truly representative body, while accepting only the very best leaders who have already demonstrated their commitment to serving society at large.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- YGLs are fully involved in the Forum’s meetings, initiatives and research and interact with the Forum’s wider multistakeholder community.
- YGLs have a powerful role in determining the community’s activities. They are governed by a foundation board of respected leaders and are managed by a dynamic team of young professionals based in Geneva and China.
- Set up as an independent, not-for-profit foundation under the Swiss government, the Forum of Young Global Leaders is an integral part of the World Economic Forum.
Timeline/Duration of Program: 5 years
- Summer: The World Economic Forum shortlists candidates for further review
- Fall: The shortlisted candidates are reviewed by Heidrick & Struggles, recognised as one of the world’s leading executive search and leadership consulting firms
- Winter: A Selection Committee reviews the top candidates and selects 100 to be honoured as Young Global Leaders
- January of subsequent year: The candidates are informed of their selection as Young Global Leaders*
- March of subsequent year: The press announcement for the new Class of Young Global Leaders is released
How to Apply: submit nominations
Important Notes: Kindly note that self-nominations are not accepted.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It