The World Economic Forum (WEF) is calling for entries for its Young Global Leader Program for 2024
Application Deadline: 30th April 2023
Eligible Countries: International
About the Award: The Forum of Young Global Leaders is a community of over 800 enterprising, socially-minded men and women selected under the age of 40, who operate as a force for good to overcome barriers that elsewhere stand in the way of progress. The community comprises leaders from all walks of life, from every region of the world, and every stakeholder group in society.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Young Global Leaders Class of 2024,
- The candidate must be 38 years old or younger at nomination
Selection: Nominated under the age of 40, Young Global Leaders (YGLs) are proposed through a qualified nomination process and assessed according to rigorous selection criteria that create a diverse and truly representative body, while accepting only the very best leaders who have already demonstrated their commitment to serving society at large.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- YGLs are fully involved in the Forum’s meetings, initiatives and research and interact with the Forum’s wider multistakeholder community.
- YGLs have a powerful role in determining the community’s activities. They are governed by a foundation board of respected leaders and are managed by a dynamic team of young professionals based in Geneva and China.
- Set up as an independent, not-for-profit foundation under the Swiss government, the Forum of Young Global Leaders is an integral part of the World Economic Forum.
Timeline/Duration of Program: 5 years
- Summer: The World Economic Forum shortlists candidates for further review
- Fall: The shortlisted candidates are reviewed by Heidrick & Struggles, recognised as one of the world’s leading executive search and leadership consulting firms
- Winter: A Selection Committee reviews the top candidates and selects 100 to be honored as Young Global Leaders
- January of subsequent year: The candidates are informed of their selection as Young Global Leaders*
- March of subsequent year: The press announcement for the new Class of Young Global Leaders is released
How to Apply: submit nominations
Visit the Program Webpage for Details
Important Notes: Kindly note that self-nominations are not accepted.