Nominate an Individual/Project for Public Peace Prize 2018
Nominations are open for 2018 Public Peace Prize with an aim to foster greater recognition for peacemakers and peace initiatives around the world by the general public: on local, national and international levels.
Application Deadline: 1st January 2018
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All
About the Award: The Public Peace Prize is the only peace award in the world for which the candidates are proposed, nominated and supported simply by citizens of the world. This mark of recognition allows everyone to offer their appreciation for initiatives and for people, known or unknown, who are working for reconciliation, non-violence and mutual aid.
The sole objective of the Public Peace Prize is to make better known as many peacemakers, peace projects and peace initiatives as possible to a large audience, beyond all forms of competition! The Public Peace Prize is not a cash prize but a prize of public recognition.
Just like last year, the Public Peace Prize remains a completely unconditional prize, without grants or sponsors, organized by simple volunteer citizens of the world, with the goal of fostering recognition of peacemakers and peace initiatives beyond the boundaries of culture, religion, and social affiliations!
All non-profit organizations can become partners of the prize by associating with the team to help make the prize better known through their own networks.
- Anyone can propose a person or a peace initiative.
- Any person, group or initiative that contributes to bringing a little more tolerance, understanding, mutual aid, solidarity, inclusion, reconciliation, non-violence or peace to the world is eligible.
- Describe the reasons why applicants think it’s important that this person, group or initiative be publicly recognized for their contribution to peace, by describing them through a half-page text sent along with several photos.
- Ask ten other people to write letters of support for the candidate (minimum 10 lines of text each).
- The candidates or initiatives who did not win the previous year are automatically re-nominated and eligible for voting during the following year.
Selection: Everyone is invited to support the finalists of their choice using the following supportive actions:
Each visit to the finalist’s profile page
each “Like” on Facebook or Twitter for the Public Peace Prize
= 1 support/vote
Sharing on Facebook or “retweets” on Twitter
= 2 supports/votes
Comments of appreciation or encouragement
published on the website, on the Facebook page or the Twitter account of the Public Peace Prize,
or sent by email to [email protected]@gmail.com
= 3 supports/votes
The initiatives or candidates who receive a significant amount of support in their category will be proclaimed the laureate of this category.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: The Public Peace Prize is not a cash prize but a prize of public recognition.
How to Apply:
- New propositions of candidates will be automatically signed up for the 2018 edition of the Public Peace Prize.
- Anyone can propose and person or a peace initiative at the email address [email protected] by following three steps.
- Any person, group or initiative that contributes to bringing a little more tolerance, understanding, mutual aid, solidarity, inclusion, reconciliation, non-violence or peace to the world is eligible!
Award Providers: Public Peace Prize
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
How to Stop Being Broke - 9 Things to Do
Why Rwanda Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa
14 Things You Need To Know About Wealth across Africa