Study in Sweden: Lund University Global Scholarship 2020/2021 for International Students
Undergraduate and Master’s Scholarship in Sweden for International Students at Lund University, Sweden. Over SEK 14 million (€1.6 million/US $2.1 million) awarded in Lund University Global Scholarship grants.
Application Deadline: Students applying for degree programmes in English for Autumn 2020 (August/September) session should apply:
- Late October – 15th January 2020 for studies starting in the autumn semester (August/September).
- Application for the scholarship will be in early February 2020, after the deadline to apply for studies.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International (country from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland)
To be taken at (country): Lund University, Sweden
About the Award: The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is targeted at top academic students who are citizens of countries from outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland). Top academic students have a proven record of achieving consistently high grades in previous studies.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
Selection Criteria: The selection process for scholarships is undertaken in parallel with the programme/course selection process. Priority will be given to students with high academic performance and who demonstrate a strong commitment and desire to study at Lund University.
Who is qualified to apply? To be eligible to apply for a scholarship you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of a country from outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland) and are required to pay a tuition fee
- You have applied for Bachelor’s or Master’s level studies in the regular application rounds for a minimum of one semester of study (30 ECTS)
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Scholarship grants may cover 25%, 50%, 75% or up to 100% of the tuition fee. The scholarship percentage awarded depends on budget available to the programme/faculty. It has no reflection on the students’ academic level of excellence.
- Please note that scholarships are toward tuition fees only and that living costs are not covered. Scholarship recipients must still be able to fund their living costs, as per the requirements of the Swedish Migration Board.
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarship will last for the duration of study
How to Apply
To apply for a Lund University Global Scholarship, you must first apply for the programme(s) or free-standing course(s) you wish to study at Lund University using the online, national application website, www.universityadmissions.se, during the application period. Once you have made a complete application to a degree programme or free-standing courses of at least 30 ECTS credits and paid the application fee, you will be able to apply for the scholarship.
As part of this online application, you need to upload your scholarship ‘motivation letter’ (maximum 600 words) to the scholarship application portal. Please note that the scholarship “motivation letter” is different from any statement of purpose you may be required to submit as part of your programme application documents. Your scholarship personal “motivation letter” should explain why your academic performance and reasons for applying to Lund University make you an appropriate recipient for a Lund University Global Scholarship.
You can only apply for one Lund University Global Scholarship per programme or free-standing course. However, it is still possible for you to apply to other scholarships, such as (for example) the Swedish Institute scholarships.