International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Paid Traineeship in Law and Policy Forum 2019 – Geneva, Switzerland
The Law and Policy Division of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) offers five traineeship positions for a period of one year, starting September 2019.
Application Deadline: 20th May, 2019
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): Geneva, Switzerland
About the Award:You will assist the Editor and the Editor-in-Chief of the Review in the conceptualization of the themes, contacts with authors, peer reviewers and the publisher, background research and substantive evaluation of articles.
- Assistance to the Editor-in-Chief and the Managing Editor of the International Review of the Red Cross;
- Substantial academic research;
- Evaluation and legal editing of article submissions (checking the legal reasoning, arguments, structure and sources);
- Identification of potential authors and peer reviewers;
- Preparation and co-conduct of interviews of key experts in the field of humanitarian law, policy and action for the Review;
- Liaison with the colleagues in-house on identifying potential topics to be covered in the Review;
- Correspondence with authors and partners, and management of the Review files;
- Authoring blog articles;
- Occasional involvement in the organisation of launch events of the journal.
Eligibility: ICRC is looking for candidates who meet the following mandatory requirements:
- A Master’s degree in law or international relations.
- A demonstrated interest in humanitarian work, IHL and human rights;
- Excellent command of English with good French reading abilities;
- Maximum one year paid professional experience.
- Initiative and capacity to work independently under minimal supervision;
- Excellent ability to work in a team;
- Excellent communication skills including strong writing abilities;
- Excellent organizational skills.
If you do not fulfil the conditions above, your application will not be considered.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value and Duration of Award: Successful candidates will be recruited on a 12-month paid traineeship contract. The positions are based at ICRC headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Benefits include:
- Rewarding work in a humanitarian and multicultural environment;
- Attractive social benefits;
- Paid traineeship.
How to Apply: Apply Here
Award Providers: ICRC