Princeton University Hodder Fellowship 2020/2021 for Artists and Writers of Exceptional Promise
The Hodder Fellowship will be given to artists and writers of exceptional promise to pursue independent projects at Princeton University during the academic year.
Application Deadline: 17th September 2019 5:00pm EST
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
About the Award: Hodder Fellows spend an academic year at Princeton, but no formal teaching is involved. An $83,000 stipend is provided for this 10-month appointment as a Visiting Fellow. Fellowships are not intended to fund work leading to an advanced degree. One need not be a U.S. citizen to apply.
- Potential Hodder Fellows are composers, choreographers, performance artists, visual artists, writers or other kinds of artists or humanists who have “much more than ordinary intellectual and literary gifts”; they are selected more “for promise than for performance.”
- Given the strength of the applicant pool, most successful Fellows have published a first book or have similar achievements in their own fields;
- Advanced degrees preferred, although not required.
- Non-US citizens are welcome to apply.
- This fellowship cannot be used to fund work leading to a Ph.D. or any other advanced degree.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: $83,000. The Hodder is designed to provide Fellows with a year of “studious leisure” to undertake significant new work.
Duration of Program: 10 months. Hodder Fellows spend an academic year at Princeton.
How to Apply: APPLY HERE