PASET RSIF Scholarships 2019/2020 for PhD Students in sub-Saharan Africa
Applications are invited from candidates interested in receiving international-quality PhD training, and access to research and innovation ecosystems at a PASET RSIF African Host University.
Application Deadline: 22nd July 2019 at 5:00pm (GMT)
Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan Africa
To be taken at (country): Sub-Saharan Africa
About the Award: Being a scholar of the Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) is a bridge to becoming a part of an exciting new community of highly skilled African scientists and innovators in Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology (ASET) fields. RSIF aims to provide the ecosystem necessary to nurture its scholars during their PhD program and continue to create the support system for them after graduation.
- Master’s degree holders in a relevant field of study
- Citizens of a sub-Saharan African country willing to enroll full-time in a PhD program at an RSIF African Host University
- Priority will be given to women and existing young academic faculty at African Universities
- Demonstrate leadership potential, such as community service in areas related to PASET RSIF fields of study
- Further information on the PhD program specific requirements and RSIF AHU admissions criteria can be found here: RSIF African Host Universities and available PhD programs.
Number of Awards: 45 RSIF PhD scholarships are available for nationals of sub-Saharan countries who do not have a PhD degree, and who are not currently enrolled in any PhD Program
Value of Program: The scholarships cover costs of the PhD Program, including travel, living expenses, medical insurance, university fees, and supervisor and research support.
Duration of Program: Scholars will spend 6-24 months ‘sandwich’ training at a selected international or regional partner university, research institute or private company.
How to Apply: Completed application forms and accompanying supporting documents must be received ONLINE through the following website LINK.