Edinburgh Global Development Academy Master’s Scholarship, UK 2015
Application Deadline: 12 April 2015 | Offered annually? Yes
Brief description: 2015/2016 Masters Scholarship offer at the University of Edinburgh for student from Developing Countries (see list below)
Subject Areas: Scholarships will be available for students pursuing one of the following Global Development Academy programmes:
- MSc International Development
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
For 2015/2016 academic year, the University of Edinburgh will offer 2 Master’s scholarships covering the overseas rate of fee for students from less developed countries and 2 Master’s scholarships covering the “home” rate of tuition fee for UK/EU students for eligible Master’s programmes offered by the University.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
- The scholarships covering the overseas rate of fee will be awarded to students who are accepted for admission onto an eligible Global Development Academy programme at the University of Edinburgh.
- Applicants must be both nationals of and resident of one of the developing countries listed below.
Number of Scholarships: Four
Benefit: Each scholarship will cover the overseas rate of tuition fee, while a further two scholarships will cover the UK/EU rate of tuition fee only
Duration: period of study
Which African Countries is Eligible?
Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde ,Central African Republic ,Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea , Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Republic Lesotho, Liberia ,Madagascar, Malawi , Mali ,Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal ,Sierra ,Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Togo, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Other Developing Countries outside Africa
Afghanistan , Bangladesh, ,Bhutan, Cambodia, Comoros, Eritrea, Haiti, Kribati, Lao People’s Democratic, Maldives, Myanmar ,Nepal, Samoa ,Sao Tome and Principe, Solomon, Islands,Timor-Leste,Tuvalu, Vanuatu ,Yemen
Where will it be taken (country): University of Edinburgh, UK
How can I Apply?
Eligible applicants will have to complete an online scholarship application. You will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.
Visit Scholarship webpage for details
Sponsors: Scholarship is offered by the University of Edinburgh, UK
A Selection Committee will meet in May 2015 to select the scholarship holders. The winners of the scholarships will be announced by the end of May 2015.