Call for Papers: African Interdisciplinary Conference on Contemporary Violence in Africa 2017
St. Paul’s University Kenya is seeking Papers for its African Disciplinary Conference on Contemporary Violence in Africa.
- Submission of Abstracts: 30th June 2017
- Notification of Accepted Abstracts: 30th August 2017
- Submission of Full Papers: 30th December 2017
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): St. Paul’s University Limuru Campus, Kenya
Eligible Fields of Study: Papers from scholars who hold PhD’s in this interdisciplinary project from but not limited to the field of Anthropology, Business, Bible, Communication, Culture, Development, Computer Science, Education, Ethnicity Studies, History, Law, Gender Studies, Economics, Peace and Conflict Studies, Pastoral Care, Psychology, Political Science, Religion, Sociology, Information Technology, Theologies and Women Studies.
Thematic Areas: Thematic Areas are but not Limited to:
- Economic Violence
- Ethnic Violence
- Globalization and Violence
- Political Violence
- PostColonial Violence
- Religious Violence
- Violence against Women/men
- Violence against Children
- Media Representation of Violence
- Leadership and Violence
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)and Violence
About the Award:
- Build on the clear empirical and theortical conceptualization of the interdisciplinary nature of understanding violence.
- Enhance our understanding of comtemporary manifestations of violence.
- Engage with relevant actors and authorities on the question of violence.
- Provide clear startegies that activists and various groups could use in addressing violence in our communities.
- Build closer networks between various players concerned with violence in the world toda.y
Type: Call for Papers
- Style: Both the abstract and the final paper to utilize Chicago Manual of Style (see attached copy) The Chicago Manual of Style available at:
- Abstracts: Abstract of 500 words must be accompanied with your CV including professional affiliation, publications, Institutions. Contact information (email and telephone numbers).
- Full Papers: Final paper should be about 5,500 words (approximately 20 double spaced pages with the font of Times New Roman 12, inclusive of bibliography) Previously published papers are not accepted for this conference.
Value of Program: All papers presented will be edited and published
Registration fees for the conference ksh.3000
Duration of Program: Conference Date is 17th-21st July 2018
How to Apply: Submission Contact:
Prof. Esther Mombo
Award Provider: St. Paul’s University