University of Houston – Victoria International Student Merit Scholarship 2017/2018
The University of Houston – Victoria is offering the International Student Merit Scholarship to incoming/currrent undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters) students of international visa status
- Fall semester deadline: 15th June 2017
- Spring semester deadline: 15th November 2017
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Texas, USA
About the Award: All undergraduate and graduate F-1 and J-1 international students are eligible to apply for the International Student Merit Scholarship. The scholarship award can only be used for study at UHV. The awards and waivers are available for Fall recipients for the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters, and for Spring recipients this scholarship and waivers will be awarded for Spring and Summer semesters for undergraduate and graduate full-time study at UHV.
Type: undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters) taught
Eligibility: Applicants Must:
- Be admitted to UHV and registered full-time (minimum of 12 credits for undergraduate and minimum of 9-credits for graduate). Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to UHV. However, a scholarship applicant must be admitted to UHV as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed. Please visit International Student Admissions (See in Program Webpage Link below) for more information.
- Spring semester scholarship recipients will receive the scholarship only for the Spring and Summer semesters. In order to maximize the scholarship opportunity, all Spring scholarship recipients must be registered for full-time course load online (Summer only) or Face-to-Face. All Spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the Fall merit scholarship before the deadline (see below).
- Have F-1 or J-1 student visa.
- U.S. Transfer International students must be in good academic and immigration status.
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
- Submit the completed International Student Merit Scholarship Application Form (See link below).
- Attend the mandatory international student orientation and plan to arrive to UHV five business days prior to the first class day.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: The scholarship will reduce the student’s tuition and fees cost to reflect the residency tuition rate. Other costs such as housing, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies, and health insurance are not included in this scholarship.
Duration of Program: full-time
How to Apply: International Student Merit Scholarship Application Form
Award Provider: University of Houston – Victoria
Important Notes: Merit scholarship for spring semester is only awarded for spring and summer semester. All spring scholarship recipients must take part time or fulltime summer course load (online or F2F) and is required to take summer courses. All spring merit scholarship recipients must re-apply for the following year Merit Scholarship.