Nat Nakasa Award for Media Integrity for South African Journalists 2018
SA National Editor’s Forum and the Nieman Society of Southern Africa are now accepting nominations for the 2018 Nat Nakasa Award for Media Integrity.
Application Deadline: 15th May 2018
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): South Africa
Eligibility: Nat Nakasa was a prominent journalist and writer who died in exile. This annual award recognises any media practitioner – journalist, editor, manager or owner – who has:
- Shown integrity and reported fearlessly;
- Displayed a commitment to serve the people of South Africa;
- Tenaciously striven to maintain a publication or other medium despite insurmountable obstacles;
- Resisted any censorship;
- Shown courage in making information available to the SA public;
- Any combination of the above.
- The Award is open to all journalists irrespective of whether they serve a community / national newspaper, magazine or an electronic medium (including online publishers).
- Previous winners of this Award are, however, not eligible for entry.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Program: The winner will receive R20 000 in prize money and a certificate.
How to Apply: Please submit your nomination by close of business on 15 May 2018, accompanied by a motivation of 300 words to:
Ground Floor Room 1, Block A
18 Cedar Avenue
Tel: (011) 482 5771
Fax: (011) 482 9132
For Attention: Mathipa Chepape
Award Provider: South Africa National Editor’s Forum