AMIDEAST Fulbright Foreign Student Program for Students in North African Countries 2021/2022
You are invited to apply for a Fulbright Graduate Scholarship sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and administered by AMIDEAST for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Application Deadline: Deadlines vary per country.
Eligible Countries: Algeria (Apply for Fulbright visiting scholar), Egypt, Libya, Morocco (Apply for Fulbright Study Grant), Tunisia.
To be taken at (country): USA
About the Award: The Fulbright Program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, is the flagship international educational exchange program designed to foster mutual understanding among nations through educational and cultural exchange.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is administered by binational Fulbright Commissions and U.S. Embassies. All Foreign Student Program applications are processed by these offices. AMIDEAST is one of the cooperating agencies contracted by the U.S. Department of state to administer the Fulbright program. AMIDEAST administers the Fulbright Foreign Student Program for the Middle East and North Africa on behalf of ECA.
The scholarship is a merit-based grant that provides up to two-years of funding for graduate-level study at a U.S. university. For over four decades AMIDEAST has been placing students from across the MENA region into universities throughout the United States. It has been integral to the success of the Fulbright Program, serving as a convener of academic and cultural exchange and dialogue. AMIDEAST continues today to support countless Fulbrighters to experience the opportunity of exchange and successfully complete their grants in the United States.
Type: Applications in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) are highly encouraged.
- This is not a program exclusive for students. This program is for students who are about to graduate, recent graduates and professionals from diverse social, economic, academic and professional backgrounds.
- A competitive applicant should have an excellent academic record, strong English language skills, and the commitment to return to their home country for at least two years upon completion or termination of the scholarship upon completion of the program. They will be ineligible for an U.S.-immigrant visa until the two-year home residency requirement has been fulfilled.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously studied in the United States.
- Applications in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) are highly encouraged.
Number of Awardees: Limited.
Value of Scholarship: The scholarships cover expenses incurred for travel to and from the United States, tuition, books, health insurance, and room and board. Funding is NOT available to meet expenses related to Fulbright grantees dependents (husbands, wives, children, parents, etc).
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
How to Apply: Applicants can select their country of origin and apply online.
- It is important to go through the Application requirements of your country before applying.