For the academic year 2023/2024, the Ministry of Education, P. R. China will entrust 7 leading Chinese universities with scholarships for admitting students from developing countries.
Application Deadline: April 2023.
Please contact the Embassies or universities for the specific deadlines for 2023 applications.
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (Universities/Country): China
About the Award: To promote the mutual understanding and friendship between China and other countries, and to provide education opportunities to the youths worldwide who enjoy good potentials in their career development, the Chinese Government established the “Scholarship for Youth of Excellence Scheme of China——Master Program （YES CHINA）” with the aim of providing financial support to the outstanding youth coming to China to pursue a Master’s degree.
The programs duration will be open to applicants from 56 developing countries.
Field of Study: The Master of Laws (LL.M.）Program in Chinese Law, International Program on Master of Public Health （IMPH）, Master of International Economic Cooperation, Master of China Studies, The LL.M Program in International Economic Law, MBA Program, AIIB Master of International Finance, Master of One-Belt-Road Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering.
- Healthy both physically and mentally; not over 45 years old （born after September 1, 1977）.
- A bachelor or higher degree, at least 3 years’ work experience, some educational or professional experience in a field relative to that of the program applied.
- Working in a government agency, company or research institute, and being a Section Director or Chief of Office, a senior manager, or excellent in scientific researches.
- Good English language proficiency, able to follow English-taught courses well. Minimum requirements for reference: IELTS （Academic） total score 6.0, or TOEFL Internet score 80.
- Having a strong development potential in his/her career, and willing to promote the mutual cooperation and exchanges between China and his/her home country.
- Students who are now studying in China or already winners of Chinese Government Scholarship are not allowed to apply. Note: More details about each program can be found in the corresponding university’s recruitment prospectus.
Number of Awardees: 200
Value of Scholarship:
1. One-year Program: Total Amount: 200,800 RMB per year for each student, covering:
- Exempted fees: registration fees, tuition fees, laboratory experiment fees, internship fees, and fees for basic learning materials.
- On-campus accommodation.
- Living Allowance （96,000 RMB per year for each student）.
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration （3,000 RMB for each student）.
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- A one-way air ticket to China upon registration and a one-way air ticket back from China to the student’s home country after completion of the study.
2. Two-year Program （1+1 studies）
Scholarship for the first academic year is the same as One-year Program. In the second academic year, students will do their thesis back in their home countries and the dissertation defense in China, while the scholarship will only cover one round-trip ticket for dissertation defense.
Duration of Scholarship: The programs duration will be one year or two years. Academic year from September, 2023
How to Apply: The applicants should submit their applications during the application period to the Chinese Embassy in their countries of nationality, or to the 7 program universities.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details