University of Birmingham Middle East & North Africa Outstanding Achievement Scholarships 2021
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce a number of scholarship awards of £2,500 for several select students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the Birmingham UK campus starting September 2021.
Application Deadline: 2nd July 2021
Eligible Countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, United Arab Emirates
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award:This is a joint award with our local representative, GlobalStudyUK, and will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programmes in 2021.
Fields of Study: Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
Eligibility: Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2021. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at the Birmingham UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as domiciled in one of the following countries: Egypt, Lebanon, Kuwait, Bahrain, Morocco, Oman, Qatar or the UAE (i.e. habitually resident in one of these countries).
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees that are not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2021 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred). Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representative – ‘GlobalStudyUK’.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with ‘GlobalStudyUK’ by 2 July 2021.
Number of Awardees: 3
Value and Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship awards are for £2,500 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham UK campus, starting September 2021.
How to Apply: To apply for this scholarship, students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with ‘GlobalStudyUK’ by 2 July 2021. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit, with the decision announced in late July. The scholarship will be awarded upon the student’s enrolment in September 2021.