USAID African Young Water and Sanitation Professionals (AfYWSP) Scholarships for Young African Leaders 2018
As part of its Research and Capacity Building Program, the African Water Association is setting up research fellowships for young water and sanitation professionals in West Africa.
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2018.
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: This program, funded by USAID West Africa through the AfriCap Program (WASH – African Water Association – AfWA – Capacity Building Program –AfriCap), will provide young graduate students at the graduate level (Master II) with research scholarships. Each grant, amounting to $ 1,000, will reward each selected project in accordance with the budget.
Field of Research: The following themes were selected for this scholarship program for the 2017-2018 academic year:
- Approaches to reducing Non-Revenue Water in water utilities
- Improved Water Quality Control
- Water services in low-income urban areas
- Fecal sludge Management
- Improvement of urban and peri-urban sanitation
- ICT use in water and sanitation services
Type: Research, Fellowship
Eligibility: Candidates for the award of a scholarship shall formulate their research topics in relation to one of the themes proposed in this call for applications. They may also apply with one of the research topics proposed by one of AfWA members. To apply, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of a country in the USAID West Africa desk coverage area and identified on the map in Program Webpage (Link below);
- be in good standing academically with respect to their institution;
Selection: A first screening will be carried out by the academic institution. This will enable it to select and transmit the five best applications to AfWA. AfWA’s Selection Committee for the award of scholarships to Young Professionals, on the basis of the applications submitted by the various institutions, will establish the final list of beneficiaries.
Value of Scholarship: As part of this scholarship, the maximum amount allocated per beneficiary is 1,000 US Dollars. Sixty per cent (60%) of this amount will be paid to the recipient when the detailed plan of the research project is finalized, approved by the Research Director and received by AfWA’s Research and Capacity Building Program before the deadline. The remaining forty percent (40%) will be paid once the recipient submits the final electronic copy.
How to Apply: Submit a nomination file including :
- Student card or registration receipt for the current year
- Last completed degree
- Curriculum vitae,
- Three recommendation letters (one should be from the academic supervisor),
- Research proposal form to be downloaded from here. Click here
Award Provider: AfWA (African Water Association)
Important Notes: The selected list will be posted on AfWA’s website and each beneficiary will receive an official notification from AfWA.