Swedish Institute Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) for Young Leaders 2018
Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) is an intercultural leadership programme for young leaders from the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden.
Application Deadline: 5th December 2017
To be taken at (country): Sweden, Applicant’s home country
About the Award: The programme offers personal and professional development to leaders who work for positive social change in the fields of democracy, human rights, sustainability and equality. YLVP provides the tools necessary to accomplish greater social impact.
YLVP builds and strengthens individual leadership through group-centric methods such as collaboration, feedback and reflection. Participants will learn in group from merited facilitators and from each other, through workshops, practical exercises and hands-on performance.
Type: Short courses
Eligibility: To apply to the Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) you have to:
- be an NGO leader, legal worker, journalist, social worker, cultural worker, social entrepreneur, civil servant, youth politician or in another type of leadership role
- work actively for democracy, sustainability, diversity and/or human rights
- be between 22 and 32 years old (born 1985 – 1996)
- have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- be a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Program:
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from module 1 and 2
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Visa costs
Costs covered and arranged by you
- Domestic travel / airport transfer in your home country
- Insurance when modules are held outside of Sweden
Duration of Programme: YLVP is made up of four weeks divided into two modules at separate times. Module one is three weeks long and always takes place in Sweden. Module two is one week long and takes place either in Sweden or in another location. The programme is in English.
How to Apply:Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. These are the steps in the application process:
- Download and fill out the YLVP application form
- Go to the application portal
- Upload the completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons
- Upload an updated CV in English
- Upload a letter of recommendation*
- Upload a photo (not compulsory).
It is important to go through the Program details on the Program Webpage (See link below) before applying.
Award Provider: Swedish Institute
Important Notes: Please note that we are not able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements. Only completed applications will be considered.